LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

*** WEEK 8 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 10/25 - 10/29 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
The vikings had -1 passing yards in the 3rd qtr.
I thought the Bucs would be much improved this year. Adding Nicks and Jackson was great (although very expensive) and they had 2 great picks in Barron and Martin. If Freeman would play consistently well this could be a dangerous team. If they didn't blow the Saints and Giants game they could be a 5-2 team. Already not really looking forward to playing these guys on the road next year. They should be a much better team than the one we beat 48-3 and it will be cross country.

P.S. I wish we could have the Vikings game over.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM ]
That sound you just heard was Christian Ponder and the Vikings falling to earth.
got myself another FF keeper in martin
We're so f**king lucky to be up 5 wins at this point in the season, cause the NFC is looking harder and harder to win in (as the season progresses), probably half of even the 'mid tier' teams in this conference would be dominating if they were in the AFC right now.
how did we lose to the vikings?
[ Edited by niner4ever12 on Oct 25, 2012 at 8:22 PM ]
We're starting to see the separation between contenders and pretenders now.
1-0 in pick 'em so far.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're so f**king lucky to be up 5 wins at this point in the season, cause the NFC is looking harder and harder to win in (as the season progresses), probably half of even the 'mid tier' teams in this conference would be dominating if they were in the AFC right now.

We'd probably be the 2nd best team in the AFC right now. Instead our record shows we are the 4th best team and that's because the Vikings lost or we would technically be the 5th on record. Factor in teams like GB, Seattle, Minnesota, etc behind us who are all still very good teams. Other tough teams.... Philly, TB, New Orleans, St Louis, AZ, Washington, even Detroit or Carolina if they are on. Really not 1 pushover in the nfc.

I think I would rather play Jacksonville, Oakland, KC, Cleveland, Tenn, Buffalo and Jets before playing any team in the NFC. Maybe even Indy as well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 25, 2012 at 9:03 PM ]
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Bucs will beat the Vikings tonight by 8.

Man, you were way off!

How did we ever lose in Minny?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Ponder had a career day. Almost everything he did worked.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Ponder had a career day. Almost everything he did worked.

This. I don't know why, but Ponder played his best game so far in the NFL. I still have nightmares on that 4th and 1 from the goal. Seeing that whole play pan out, I was feeling very confident we were going to get the stop until the ball landed in Rudolph's hand.

Everyone has a good streak. Hell, wasn't it last year the Buffalo Bills started 5-0?
The Vikings loss was disappointing for them, but the Jared Allen exchange was awesomely badass.

When Jared Allen got in the fight with Penn, the tackle who instigated it, drew blood on Allen's nose and lost his cool, it was tense. Then Allen drove up the crowd into a frenzy and TB called a TO. They faced off a bit more and Allen called on the crowd some more until they were insanely loud and the down was played. Allen drove under and in and sacked Freeman.

It was an awesome display of will being imposed.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
The Vikings loss was disappointing for them, but the Jared Allen exchange was awesomely badass.

When Jared Allen got in the fight with Penn, the tackle who instigated it, drew blood on Allen's nose and lost his cool, it was tense. Then Allen drove up the crowd into a frenzy and TB called a TO. They faced off a bit more and Allen called on the crowd some more until they were insanely loud and the down was played. Allen drove under and in and sacked Freeman.

It was an awesome display of will being imposed.

Yea that was sick
Share 49ersWebzone