There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

T.O Tells the Jet's he's ready to go on Twitter

T.O. tells Jets he's available Posted by Mike Florio on October 9, 2012, 7:19 AM EDT
Getty Images In the event the receiver-needy Jets weren't already aware that Terrell Owens is among the free agents available at that position, T.O. decided to give them a reminder.

During Monday night's game.

"Hey JETS!!! I'm available! I'm ready, willing & able! Call my agent [Jordan Woy] & let's make it happen," Owens posted on Twitter at 10:29 p.m. ET Monday.

The Jets possibly are resisting due to concerns that Owens' presence would confirm the existence of a circus in New York. But pretty much everyone who's paying attention already knows it's a circus; adding T.O. would be the equivalent of slightly expanding the big top.

The bottom line is that they need help at the position, if they want to be competitive. Owens showed during his preseason stint with the Seahawks that he can still gain separation on defensive back — and that he still will drop a ball from time to time once he does. It still makes him better than no-name options like Jason Hill, the player whom the Jets ultimately signed to replace injured No. 1 wideout Santonio Holmes on the roster.

If the Jets hope to win as many games as possible in 2012, they'd dump Hill and add Owens.

WOW ...T.O & Tebow on the Same team ??? ...Talk about a daily media circus , what do you guy's think , would it work ?
I'm pretty sure they would have just brought Plaxico back by now if they wanted a veteran WR. Owens is done. He burned too many bridges.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
what an attention whore
  • Amir
  • Veteran
this dude is so sad.
#desperate
That would be awesome! Lol
  • vaden
  • Veteran
As Cris Carter said, there's no way any of the Jets' receivers are better than TO. He's being blackballed like Bonds was.
Fuvk that guy.

He broke my heart when we gave up so much for him, yet he wanted to bankrupt us just to keep him so he called Jeff Garcia a gay, and completely dissed us.
Owens needs $$$ in the worst way
He's close to the graveyard of forgotten players.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Fuvk that guy.

He broke my heart when we gave up so much for him, yet he wanted to bankrupt us just to keep him so he called Jeff Garcia a gay, and completely dissed us.

I know, you'd think that disgraceful behavior would be enough for me to totally give up on him, but somehow I still want him to succeed.
I still remember the first time I saw him play, I asked myself "why is he our 3rd WR, hes so good?", I remember pointing to the scoreboard with Strahan after a comeback, I remember dancing on the Cowboys star.

If he would have stayed true to us, I could respect him, he could have had an amazing career and likely still be here and part of JH's plans. But he didnt. He tore up Garcia, wanted to leave, and his numbers fell off in dramatic fashion. He could have been one of the greats, but his ego got in the way.

The practice session he had in the spring, the way he reacted when we signed Moss, and now this. Its like watching Tyson trying to come back. Its over, youre done. You still may have talent, but no one wants you. And to tweet a fanbase after an injury looking for a job is terrible. Like Farve, will he please just go away?
Originally posted by WhoGotItBetterThenUs:
I'm pretty sure they would have just brought Plaxico back by now if they wanted a veteran WR. Owens is done. He burned too many bridges.

Exactly what I was thinking. If they wanted an old, washed up WR they would have signed Plax back to another 1 year deal or somethin.

T.O.'s playin days are over.
where would T.O be without twitter.. we wouldnt even be talking about him right now..