There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chicago-area man stabbed to death in Jacksonville

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000078428/article/chicagoarea-man-stabbed-to-death-in-jacksonville

A Chicago-area man that went to Jacksonville over the weekend to watch the Jaguars-Bears game was killed in a bar stabbing, according to Jacksonville police.

The Florida Times-Union reports that William C. "Chris" Pettry, 42 died after being stabbed inside a Fionn MacCools, an Irish-themed restaurant in a downtown mall.

The police arrested a Jacksonville resident and placed him in jail on a murder charge.

The stabbing came after Pettry was "involved in a disturbance with two other subjects." His wife mourned the man's loss on Facebook.
The bar was located near a hotel that Bears fans took over as they traveled to Jacksonville.
[ Edited by Rocket4989 on Oct 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM ]
It's good tO hear that some fans still care abou the jags.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

^ is that him?
Bears fan was talking with suspect's wife when he was killed at Jacksonville Landing

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-10-08/story/bears-fan-was-talking-suspects-wife-when-he-was-killed-jacksonville#ixzz28jDRWCzR

Police released more details in Sunday's slaying of a Chicago Bears fan at The Jacksonville Landing.

The victim, 42-year-old William "Chris" Pettry of Lake Villa, Ill., had been talking with the suspect's wife at MacCool's Irish Pub and Restaurant when his throat was slashed about 12:30 a.m.

Witnesses said 27-year-old Matthew Reid Hinson of Jacksonville cut the victim and calmly walked out of the establishment. He pocketed the bloody knife and walked out.

Police stopped Hinson a short time later in his car, Lt. Rob Schoonover said Monday. Hinson resisted arrest and had to be taken to the ground.

Originally posted by Rocket4989:
^ is that him?

http://www.facebook.com/william.c.pettry?ref=ts&fref=ts
Why are you going to jacksonville to watch the bears play? That's random but such an unfortunate story. I wanted a story on real sports about fan violence. This is so crazy.
stupid media. I'll bet this had nothing to do with the NFL. Just some dude pissed that some other dude was rappin to his wife.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Why are you going to jacksonville to watch the bears play? That's random but such an unfortunate story. I wanted a story on real sports about fan violence. This is so crazy.

He wasn't, he was going there to f**k dudes wife.. Game just happened to be on.
That's crazy I go to the jacksonville landing from time to time. It's basically an open courtyard with a live band and bars, total tourist trap.
Originally posted by mutt_pinoy:
That's crazy I go to the jacksonville landing from time to time. It's basically an open courtyard with a live band and bars, total tourist trap.

you live in Jax?
Originally posted by socalfan21:

If dude lives in FL the landing is a decent place to go to watch a game....and Chi was playing the Jags.
What a depressing thing and a tragic waste of life.
  • bors
  • Veteran
so i guess bears fans were smiling "ear to ear"
sucks he's going to be in jail soon and people will be saying "so you killed him over a team that plays american football in london?"
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home