There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crazy/not so crazy idea for NFL Expansion

No. I don't want the NFL to turn into the CFL. And it will water down the league. It's good now. Leave it alone.
Originally posted by MILFS:
32 team league is PERFECT. don't fix it if it ain't broken

This.
How about moving the Rams back to L.A. Then move the Jags to St. Louis. That would keep geographic alignment within divisions. No need to expand. The few owners that think an NFL team in Europe is a good idea are just trying to increase brand awareness to make more money. How would that really fly (pun intended) with travel times and jet lag. There's no city in Europe, with the exception of London possibly, that would support an NFL team. I lived in Germany from 2006-2008 and went to the last NFL Europe Championship game in Frankfurt in 2007 and there were still some empty seats in a stadium that only held 48,000 for American Football. But I got to see J.T. O'Sullivan lose that game, something I got to witness again when I moved back to the States.
This thread was worth it just for the JT O'Sullivan story!!
Originally posted by Chico:
The "Juarez Cartel's"

damn, the games between them and the Sinaloa Cartels are going to be brutal!
No Expansion.Great QB play is already diluted with 32 teams going to 40 would make the QB play even worse. Do you really wanna see Colt McCoy, Rex Grossman, JAson Campbell, Vince Young, etc starting again? Depth of teams would be absolutely horrible. I think its good at 32 and they shouldn't change.
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
How about moving the Rams back to L.A. Then move the Jags to St. Louis. That would keep geographic alignment within divisions. No need to expand. The few owners that think an NFL team in Europe is a good idea are just trying to increase brand awareness to make more money. How would that really fly (pun intended) with travel times and jet lag. There's no city in Europe, with the exception of London possibly, that would support an NFL team. I lived in Germany from 2006-2008 and went to the last NFL Europe Championship game in Frankfurt in 2007 and there were still some empty seats in a stadium that only held 48,000 for American Football. But I got to see J.T. O'Sullivan lose that game, something I got to witness again when I moved back to the States.
so b/c there are some empty seats in a german Stadium, where american Football isnt popular at all, you think it wouldnt work???
i assume the opposite...galaxy was one of the few nfl europe teams with very good attendance.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
How about moving the Rams back to L.A. Then move the Jags to St. Louis. That would keep geographic alignment within divisions. No need to expand. The few owners that think an NFL team in Europe is a good idea are just trying to increase brand awareness to make more money. How would that really fly (pun intended) with travel times and jet lag. There's no city in Europe, with the exception of London possibly, that would support an NFL team. I lived in Germany from 2006-2008 and went to the last NFL Europe Championship game in Frankfurt in 2007 and there were still some empty seats in a stadium that only held 48,000 for American Football. But I got to see J.T. O'Sullivan lose that game, something I got to witness again when I moved back to the States.
so b/c there are some empty seats in a german Stadium, where american Football isnt popular at all, you think it wouldnt work???
i assume the opposite...galaxy was one of the few nfl europe teams with very good attendance.

Yes, Frankfurt or London could support an NFL team. Probably won't happen though.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
san francisco could use a team in a couple years





san francisco raiders.
I'm opposed to expansion.

But a team in Mexico City would thrive.
Originally posted by SaksV:
I'm in Toronto also, you're absolutely right. There are only 4 cities in Canada with 1M+ people in it's total population, so just based on math alone it wouldn't work in the smaller cities. Montreal would be interesting though, the level of competition/support in Quebec for football is the best in the nation.

i have friends in toronto they go to buffalo games.
They dont need a team
Originally posted by sspiker:
I'm opposed to expansion.

But a team in Mexico City would thrive.

the Mexico City Cartel Members.
The Mexico City Cartel Members announce Mark Sanchez as their starting qb..
Originally posted by 99problems:
i have friends in toronto they go to buffalo games.
They dont need a team

But...... haven't they suffered enough, then?

!
Originally posted by sspiker:
I'm opposed to expansion.

But a team in Mexico City would thrive.

yeah all the good players would be kidnapped for ransom