There are 227 users in the forums

Wes Welker trade rumor

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninersoul:
Wes Welker is a good wide out based on a specific system. He isn't the type of guy that'll make differences on any other team like the true elite wide outs would.

i disagree.
We could do better. He's a system guy; he has success in the Pats system, but who know if that translates to our system.
Originally posted by Chico:
don't need him - we have too many stud WR's as it is - not enough balls to go around

Who are these stud receivers outside of Crabtree?
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:

I wouldn't mind a guy who caught over 100 balls for ten seasons (it seems like)

Dude is a stud, but how many prime years he has left? I think we have other priorities, but i wouldn't scoff at acquiring his services.
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
Originally posted by Chico:
don't need him - we have too many stud WR's as it is - not enough balls to go around

Not saying Welker is the answer...but man too many? Thats just laughable. You realize that the opening day WR roster could easily be Crabtree, Jenkins and the practice squad next year right? Rio is very unlikely to be 100% and all it takes is one set back for Williams.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I am pretty sure that Wes Walker is a free agent. If he is, New England can not trade him.

End of rumors. End of the thread. Lock it down.
Imo with Kap at the helm you can make due with less than star talent at WR and TE. We don't need Welker.
Share 49ersWebzone