There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wes Welker trade rumor

Supposedly it's not true, but still this rumor has some legs....and the fact that it does speaks volumes:

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/29169/20120920/patriots_could_be_preparing_to_trade_wes_welker/
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
he has done nothing but produce...yet it's pretty obvious he won't be on the team next year, so why not? Just his destination is a little difficult to predict.
Pats are one ruthless organization they dont like to pay anyone but brady.
You remember the UCLA Bruins basketball team in the late 60's-early 70's?

That's what are franchise would look like once we sign Wes Welker.
Originally posted by susweel:
Pats are one ruthless organization they dont like to pay anyone but brady.

And then their fans go on forums and say stupid crap like 'But Montana had Rice and Brady has no No.1 receiver'.

If Wes is on the block its no surprise, that team had Moss and let him go and all Moss did was produce.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
And then their fans go on forums and say stupid crap like 'But Montana had Rice and Brady has no No.1 receiver'.

If Wes is on the block its no surprise, that team had Moss and let him go and all Moss did was produce.

he stopped producing late though got lazy with his routes and such

welker is a great slot player he would fit WCO

considering how deep our team is and how not all players next year (draft wise) will make the team i really dont see a problem maybe giving 2 3rd round picks or so

welker isnt a deep threat more short to intermidete he would fit our system
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,091
don't need him - we have too many stud WR's as it is - not enough balls to go around
  • Tman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,132
Originally posted by Chico:
don't need him - we have too many stud WR's as it is - not enough balls to go around

this

kinda cant believe this but this
Originally posted by Chico:
don't need him - we have too many stud WR's as it is - not enough balls to go around

that's what she said
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,023
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he stopped producing late though got lazy with his routes and such

welker is a great slot player he would fit WCO

considering how deep our team is and how not all players next year (draft wise) will make the team i really dont see a problem maybe giving 2 3rd round picks or so

welker isnt a deep threat more short to intermidete he would fit our system

Only reason we wouldnt go for him IMHO would be because he has no ST value and we'd have to send KW to the pats in the deal or cut him for Welker to have a spot on the offense and KW is currently the starting PR while Ginn is out, sure Cox is next man up but we haven't seen Cox handle a single punt yet and we've all seen how bad LMJ is at punts.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 20, 2012 at 5:04 PM ]
Don't need him - especially with the $$$$ he makes
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,023
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Don't need him - especially with the $$$$ he makes

and this, we'd have to pay him the $9M franchise tag wouldn't we? Doing so would require us to shed another $6M in contracts or restructure? Dont quote me on it......AB knows.....***Turns on AB searchlight signal***
no loyalty in NE

I want out key guys to retire 9ers

Gore, Vernon, Willis, Smith, Staley
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
Pats are one ruthless organization they dont like to pay anyone but brady.

And then their fans go on forums and say stupid crap like 'But Montana had Rice and Brady has no No.1 receiver'.

If Wes is on the block its no surprise, that team had Moss and let him go and all Moss did was produce.

dumb f**ks dont know that Montana was good even before Rice and even after Rice in KC.
Originally posted by jreff22:
no loyalty in NE

I want out key guys to retire 9ers

Gore, Vernon, Willis, Smith, Staley

Gore, vern, and pat yes the others meh
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home