There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Nolan's defense against Peyton

Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Exactly the same looks we was giving Peyton way back when we played the colts in Indianapolis years ago. Did anyone else notice that last night? Standing everyone up near the Los to confuse Peyton?

the standing at the LOS scrimmage was called the "magic" formation.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
according to John Gruden, it's the first time he's ever seen a defense like that.

Haha, dude was jock riding hard.

I can't even remember how many times I heard him say "wow, look at that Atlanta D".

Like he's never seen the Amoeba formation before. C'mon man!
That dude is freaking annoying to listen to. Gruden's never seen a QB he didn't like. He's like John Madden when he constantly jizzed his pants about Brett Favre except Gruden's like that to every quarterback.And every team that wins a game he broadcasts is the best team in the NFL.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
according to John Gruden, it's the first time he's ever seen a defense like that.

Haha, dude was jock riding hard.

I can't even remember how many times I heard him say "wow, look at that Atlanta D".

Like he's never seen the Amoeba formation before. C'mon man!
That dude is freaking annoying to listen to. Gruden's never seen a QB he didn't like. He's like John Madden when he constantly jizzed his pants about Brett Favre except Gruden's like that to every quarterback.And every team that wins a game he broadcasts is the best team in the NFL.

you mean, "blah blah blah is the best at blah in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE."
I understand why 49er fans dislike Nolan, i dislike him as well. But that doesn't change the fact that he is a damn good DC. Just couldn't handle the HC position. He is a damn good DC and that is fact.
Nolan became persona non grata when he started throwing players under the bus.

Accusing smith of being a wuss about his injury when players on the opposing team like Julian Peterson were supporting smith was a goddamn travesty.
What ever happened to Manusky?
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
What ever happened to Manusky?

He was san diego's DC then got fired and I don't know where he is now.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I understand why 49er fans dislike Nolan, i dislike him as well. But that doesn't change the fact that he is a damn good DC. Just couldn't handle the HC position. He is a damn good DC and that is fact.

this.... we own a lot to him for the defensive player he was responsible for drafting.
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
this.... we own a lot to him for the defensive player he was responsible for drafting.

Well, it wasn't that difficult a call. Him or Carricker. About two thirds of the zone got it right iirc. Not gonna give the dude too much credit for agreeing with us.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:

Well, it wasn't that difficult a call. Him or Carricker. About two thirds of the zone got it right iirc. Not gonna give the dude too much credit for agreeing with us.

yea, Im not giving him a ton of credit on the rebuilding of this team. No one person can really take credit for that at this point, because of the turnover at HC and DC. He may have brought in a bit of talent, but he also made alot of mistakes managing that talent.

But like i said he is a Damn good DC, but was a pretty awful HC.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Nolan = Wade Phillips

Lol wut?

both are great defensive coordinators and terrible head coaches
one's just fat and the other wears a suit other than that they equal each other