LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

*** WEEK 3 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 9/20 - 9/24 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
the longer this goes on, the ref's pay tag will go up as well-as well as it should. The NFL should've ened this during the offseason. Now, this is going to cost the NFL more money now.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
does the nfl still has the leveraqge? I think not!.!.

Yes, we keep tuning in every Thursday, Sunday and Monday
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Some thoughts....
1) Clearly an interception and anyone thinking that this was a simultaneous catch is nuts. Pictures don't lie
2) The ref who called the TD clearly did not have the best look. The back judge who really had the only good look called it an interception.

3) and most important... the real failure was by the NFL replay officials who could have easily overturned the call and done the right thing. Anyone could see
that the official making the TD call was out of position and that the proper call was an interception. Still can't believe this call was not overturned.

Possession isn't reveiwable believe it or not on a scoring play. Idiotic, but true.
Not true

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Yeah, I edited it. Cowherd was saying the opposite this morning.
Some thoughts....
1) Clearly an interception and anyone thinking that this was a simultaneous catch is nuts. Pictures don't lie
2) The ref who called the TD clearly did not have the best look. The back judge who really had the only good look called it an interception.

3) and most important... the real failure was by the NFL replay officials who could have easily overturned the call and done the right thing. Anyone could see
that the official making the TD call was out of position and that the proper call was an interception. Still can't believe this call was not overturned.

Possession isn't reveiwable believe it or not on a scoring play. Idiotic, but true.
Not true

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Yeah, I edited it. Cowherd was saying the opposite this morning.

Never believe anything Cowherd says.
Originally posted by Loco49er:
I knew the NFL would never admit to a mistake. That was a clear interception. Even Larry Fitzgerald said that it was NOT a catch. I hope something this tragic never happens to the 49ers.

What do you mean 'even' Larry Fitzgerald lol. If you're gonna use the word 'even', it should be if like a Seahawks player or someone from the Lions/Bears/Vikings said that. Of course Fitzgerald's gonna say it was not a catch, he's in the same division as the Seahawks. Now of course he's correct, but even hypothetically if it were a catch, he'd say the same thing haha
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
does the nfl still has the leveraqge? I think not!.!.

Yes, we keep tuning in every Thursday, Sunday and Monday

LOL. That is a true statement. As long as the attendance is great, the ratings are high, and the owners are making tons of money then the NFL still has the leverage. The NFL officials want pensions for working 1 day per week for less than 1/2 the year. I'm not sure the owners will give on that point.
This needs repeating:

From a purely football standpoint this was a horribly officiated game, worst thus far perhaps. I hope this is it for the replacement refs. This was bad, really bad. I respect the game 1st, and a fan 2nd. As a student of the game I have to say that the wrong team won tonight and it was ushered in by the refs. This is on the NFL owners (let us not forget the refs were locked out). They bullied the players and now they'er trying to bully the refs. The owners need to be protested, burned in effigy, bashed - publicly - and shown no mercy by "We the people". This is an example of why greedy blue-blooded Robber Baron plutocrats (who, BTW, have no real connection to the game itself) should never EVER have total control of anything!!!!, least of all nothing as big as the NFL. Sooner or later they'll run it into the ground for the sake of money. Here we stand with the greatest product known to man - the NFL - and the owners themselves are hurting "the shield" most, so they can keep an extra buck. This should be a lesson to all Americans of what will happen if autocrats like the NFL owners are given total control. What happened tonight is but a microcosm of whats going on in this nation as a whole.
I understand that this is a business. The problem I have is that these a**hole blue-blooded plutocrats are treating this too much of a business. Football in America is ingrained in our culture, so the NFL don't totally belong to them. The NFL belongs to America. They are so wrapped up with making a buck that they can't - won't - do what's right. This is terrible a problem of the owners making.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Sep 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by schmons:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/steve-young-suffers-concussion-attempting-to-expla,29683/

still pissed over this, but...
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
This needs repeating:

From a purely football standpoint this was a horribly officiated game, worst thus far perhaps. I hope this is it for the replacement refs. This was bad, really bad. I respect the game 1st, and a fan 2nd. As a student of the game I have to say that the wrong team won tonight and it was ushered in by the refs. This is on the NFL owners (let us not forget the refs were locked out). They bullied the players and now they'er trying to bully the refs. The owners need to be protested, burned in effigy, bashed - publicly - and shown no mercy by "We the people". This is an example of why greedy blue-blooded Robber Baron plutocrats (who, BTW, have no real connection to the game itself) should never EVER have total control of anything!!!!, least of all nothing as big as the NFL. Sooner or later they'll run it into the ground for the sake of money. Here we stand with the greatest product known to man - the NFL - and the owners themselves are hurting "the shield" most, so they can keep an extra buck. This should be a lesson to all Americans of what will happen if autocrats like the NFL owners are given total control. What happened tonight is but a microcosm of whats going on in this nation as a whole.
I understand that this is a business. The problem I have is that these a*****e blue-blooded plutocrats are treating this too much of a business. Football in America is ingrained in our culture, so the NFL don't totally belong to them. The NFL belongs to America. They are so wrapped up with making a buck that they can't - won't - do what's right. This is terrible a problem of the owners making.

The NFL is also protected (anti-trust exemption) and subsidized (massive public money spent to build stadiums) by the government. Revoke the exemption and end the NFL's corporate welfare.
at the end of the day its the fans who are being effected the most by all this BS.

I spent well over 5k on flights, tickets and accommodations last year to come down to the bay for 2 regular season games, and both playoff games.
Between the amount of money i spend on merchandise, sunday ticket and coming to live games, im paying for a product. and to have to spend that much money i obviously want a first rate product, not second rate garbage.

Im obviously not gonna stop watching and spending my money, and its apparent the NFL knows this about a majority of fans. however were getting ripped off to the maximum. shame on the NFL for exploiting the pockets of loyal fans.

I just sent this to the NFL offices, and I mean it. It's the only way to get their attention. It must be done:
I have been watching football for nearly 50 years now. I hate to do this , but I WILL NOT watch or listen to my beloved 49ers games until the referee's are back. this arrogance by the NFL owners is just to mutch for me. It is the ONLY way to make my dissatifaction known and felt by these arrogant greedy turds. I will get the scores via internet from a source that doesn't put a penny into the NFL coffers. The statement by the NFL is Orwellian in it's content, 2+2=3. We can see who caught the ball! There are numerous pictures available. It WAS NOT a simultanous catch situation! The Green Bay player went up and caught the ball, the Seattle player went after it while it was in the others players possession. I'm done with this! Discusting!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
The NFL released a statement Tuesday confirming that the result of Monday night's controversial Seahawks vs. Packers game will stand.

The statement concedes that Golden Tate should have been called for offensive pass interference, but does not dispute the (erroneous) simultaneous possession ruling. "Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. ... In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. ... Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review. The result of the game is final."

As Richard Pryor said " Are you gonna believe me or your lyin' eyes"? The problem with all of this is the feeling that we are captives of the owners, just as the players and ref's are. We won't feel the true anger that Green Bay fans are experiencing until it happens to our team. We can't wait. It will be too late then. Email the League office and let them know this is unacceptable. Dosomething about it! Stand up!
[ Edited by eastie on Sep 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM ]
Some thoughts....

how can replay officials overcall the ruling on the field?

isnt it up the judgement of the field judge/ ref.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
you cant even see the ball in that gif when his feet hit the ground. look at the video from the other angle and it looks completely differently

I have seen the front angle on that. Jennings caught the ball with one of Tate's hand on it and pulled everything to his chest like he should. Then he falls with his feet hitting the ground.

he should have knocked the freaking ball away

yeah like the titans did...oh wait...
another thing i noticed during last nights game. on the play where aaron rodgers was scrambling for a first down and was ruled short, had a measurement and everything then it went to replay before it was overturned. Why did they not measure the spot of the ball again after overturning the call? They gave the packers a first down based on the video and that was that. ive never seen it happen like that before.

they also gave a phantom roughing the passer penalty after wilson threw the pick

they also call PI on a perfect play on the ball by shields. they handed the seahawks this game
Share 49ersWebzone