LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

LaRon Landry ripping the Redskins org, Shanahan and even Bill Belichick thrown in the mix

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/15/laron-landry-not-a-fan-of-bill-belichick-mike-shanahan/

After one game as a New York Jet, safety LaRon Landry says he feels right at home on Rex Ryan's team. But Landry isn't such a fan of a couple of other high-profile NFL coaches.

In a wide-ranging profile of Landry by Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, Landry says that he considered signing with the Patriots when he became a free agent this offseason, but he was put off by the fact that head coach Bill Belichick didn't show up when Landry visited New England.

"He wasn't even there," Landry said. "So that was a no-brainer. I should have never taken that visit. I was like, 'Damn, if you're going to visit, the head coach [should be] there.' I felt, 'Okay, that's a slap in the face.'"

Landry also suggested that his two season-ending Achilles injuries during his time with the Redskins were not treated properly by the Redskins' medical staff, and he said he didn't enjoy playing for Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan.

"That's why they have great doctors and they have okay doctors, great trainers and okay trainers," Landry said. "[The Redskins] had people who just had the job title, but not the passion for their job. . . . I don't respect the training staff at all. I don't respect the coaches over there. I don't respect [Shanahan]. I do respect Coach [Joe] Gibbs, who brought me there, and Coach Gregg Williams. I respect that 2007 organization. After 2007. . . . nonexistent."

And Landry's respect for Belichick and Shanahan is nonexistent.
Sounds bitter. All he could get was a 1yr deal, not the long term deal he was looking for.
Respects Gregg Williams? Ha!
HOF
Landry also suggested that his two season-ending Achilles injuries during his time with the Redskins were not treated properly by the Redskins' medical staff, and he said he didn't enjoy playing for Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan.

A mirror of what Carlos Rogers had said last season, all the guy needed was f**king CONTACT LENSES, but none of the medical staff members cared two s**ts about considering it.

Redskins need to be investigated by the NFL/NFLPA, the numerous allegations of these sort of off-field malpractices by former players leaves something to be desired.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 15, 2012 at 5:56 PM ]
wonder what happened after 2007

o yeah

they asked him to step his game up and he didnt
Share 49ersWebzone