There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bengals safety Taylor Mays benched at halftime.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Baas was and is a good player.

he would have meshed well with our current offensive line ....but I'm satisfied with Goodwin ....anyone remember when certain fans wanted us to get rid of alex and build our team around troy smith?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

he would have meshed well with our current offensive line ....but I'm satisfied with Goodwin ....anyone remember when certain fans wanted us to get rid of alex and build our team around troy smith?

ya. mike singletary

its funny cause Harbaugh started evaluating Alex right away when he became our coach, and didn't even mention or evaluate Troy Smith at all
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:

ya. mike singletary

its funny cause Harbaugh started evaluating Alex right away when he became our coach, and didn't even mention or evaluate Troy Smith at all

Remember Harbaugh said Josh Johnson was better then Troy Smith when he was prepping for the draft. maybe he was just hyping his own player but he clearly had that same mentality of T. Smith not being worthy of his time when we hired him.
Originally posted by ImaMod:

ya. mike singletary

Mike Adams is the starting safety in Denver
S

Smith is not a QB you want if you dont have a good team. He wont win it for you. If you need extra, Smith is not the guy. He's perfect for our current situation though.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
S

Smith is not a QB you want if you dont have a good team. He wont win it for you. If you need extra, Smith is not the guy. He's perfect for our current situation though.

I think John Doe would be an upgrade.
Originally posted by sspiker:
This is actually an underrated point. Cast-offs from the last few seasons, meaning guys who had serious playing time with us:

QBs:
Hill
Troy Smith

RBs:
Coffee

WR:
Morgan
Battle
B. Jones
Jason Hill
Zeigler

OL:
Baas
Rachal
Sims
Wragge

DL:
Franklin
Evans

LB:
Lawson
LaBoy
Spikes

DB:
Reggie Smith
M. Williams
Clements
Mays
Bly
Spencer
M. Lewis

Of these guys, really only Shaun Hill and Takeo Spikes have been assets for their new teams. Of course, its too early to tell for Morgan, but still. That's a lot of upgrading going back just two years.
"Castoffs" I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Dre bly was old and retired
Clements, lawson, and franklin went to a team and helped makeita playoff team
Wragge , madieu Williams, Spencer, spikes, and I believe sims went somewhere and started.

Arnaz battle and baas went on to contribute to a SB winner.
It's unbelievable that all this time we had Baas playing the wrong position.
Brian De La Puente spent time with us twice and is now the Saints starting Center.
still love the mass email
Great Pick Singletary ....the only man that thought he was worth a freaking 2nd round draft choice

There were a bunch of people on this board who wanted Taylor Mays in the 1st round back when he was still at USC.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Great Pick Singletary ....the only man that thought he was worth a freaking 2nd round draft choice

There were a bunch of people on this board who wanted Taylor Mays in the 1st round back when he was still at USC.

Kid has the tools , just not the smarts.

That blocked Punt into a tippy toe TD is a staple of how much of a freak Mays is.

Nate Davis had the tools, but he's dumber than a bag of hammers.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Kid has the tools , just not the smarts.

That blocked Punt into a tippy toe TD is a staple of how much of a freak Mays is.

Nate Davis had the tools, but he's dumber than a bag of hammers.

ah yes. "Nate the Great" He was the webzones god before tolzien.
Sing did draft bowman