There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bengals safety Taylor Mays benched at halftime.

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Chico:
who did we end up getting with that 7th round pick? Anybody know?

I think the pick we traded for was in this next draft.

IIRC, there were conditions, too.
Yes, the main condition is that anyone chosen with the pick has to be preapproved by certain members of the webzone.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Chico:
who did we end up getting with that 7th round pick? Anybody know?

I think the pick we traded for was in this next draft.

IIRC, there were conditions, too.
Yes, the main condition is that anyone chosen with the pick has to be preapproved by certain members of the webzone.

The draft pick is a 7th rounder in this upcoming draft.

Wodwo, you have any idea what the conditions might be?
LOLing at all the ppl who thought trading Mays was a horrible thing. Arm chair QBing is a beautiful thing.
I was shocked when I saw him even playing. The guy is a complete bust.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Yeah not surprised he was benched, more surprised he was even on an NFL team at all still. The only people that ever thought he was any good were the USC homers that for some reason thought that he was gonna miraculously become a good player when we wasted a second rounder on him. Damn I am so glad that we have a real coaching staff and GM now.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Yeah not surprised he was benched, more surprised he was even on an NFL team at all still. The only people that ever thought he was any good were the USC homers that for some reason thought that he was gonna miraculously become a good player when we wasted a second rounder on him. Damn I am so glad that we have a real coaching staff and GM now.

Exactly ....Just think of how many other turkeys Sing would have forced Trent to draft ...I remember reading a story that Baalke thought Mays would be available in the 6th round , but Sing made such a fit that the team JUST HAD TO TAKE Mays in the 2nd round, so they drafted him , which explains why Mays never got on the field once Harbaugh was hired
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Our castoffs around the league all suck. Meanwhile the guys we have are dominating....

This is actually an underrated point. Cast-offs from the last few seasons, meaning guys who had serious playing time with us:

QBs:
Hill
Troy Smith

RBs:
Coffee

WR:
Morgan
Battle
B. Jones
Jason Hill
Zeigler

OL:
Baas
Rachal
Sims
Wragge

DL:
Franklin
Evans

LB:
Lawson
LaBoy
Spikes

DB:
Reggie Smith
M. Williams
Clements
Mays
Bly
Spencer
M. Lewis

Of these guys, really only Shaun Hill and Takeo Spikes have been assets for their new teams. Of course, its too early to tell for Morgan, but still. That's a lot of upgrading going back just two years.
Damn weve struck out on CB's more than anything.....
Originally posted by sspiker:
This is actually an underrated point. Cast-offs from the last few seasons, meaning guys who had serious playing time with us:

QBs:
Hill
Troy Smith

RBs:
Coffee

WR:
Morgan
Battle
B. Jones
Jason Hill
Zeigler

OL:
Baas
Rachal
Sims
Wragge

DL:
Franklin
Evans

LB:
Lawson
LaBoy
Spikes

DB:
Reggie Smith
M. Williams
Clements
Mays
Bly
Spencer
M. Lewis

Of these guys, really only Shaun Hill and Takeo Spikes have been assets for their new teams. Of course, its too early to tell for Morgan, but still. That's a lot of upgrading going back just two years.

Actually, the most impressive thing about that list is that many of those guys were assets to our team at one point. Baalke has just proven that he knows exactly when to cut guys loose.... when their paycheck exceeds the value the have on the field.

Morgan, Battle, Baas, Franklin, Lawson, Spikes, Clements, Spencer, and M. Lewis were all decent to excellent players for us. But at the time we let them all go, none of them were worth the $$$.

Their new teams are finding that out the hard way. That;s why good teams are never big players in FA when, more often then not, you overpay for players past their prime.
After I Saw this at the Draft I Thought he was Gonna be a Dominate Player..BOOM i was Wrong

QBs:
Hill
Troy Smith

RBs:
Coffee

WR:
Morgan
Battle
B. Jones
Jason Hill
Zeigler

OL:
Baas
Rachal
Sims
Wragge

DL:
Franklin
Evans

LB:
Lawson
LaBoy
Spikes

DB:
Reggie Smith
M. Williams
Clements
Mays
Bly
Spencer
M. Lewis

Baas might disagree
Originally posted by adamcarrillo1:
After I Saw this at the Draft I Thought he was Gonna be a Dominate Player..BOOM i was Wrong

same
He might of gotten benched because of his big hit that got a personal foul on a long 3rd down

QBs:
Hill
Troy Smith

RBs:
Coffee

WR:
Morgan
Battle
B. Jones
Jason Hill
Zeigler

OL:
Baas
Rachal
Sims
Wragge

DL:
Franklin
Evans

LB:
Lawson
LaBoy
Spikes

DB:
Reggie Smith
M. Williams
Clements
Mays
Bly
Spencer
M. Lewis

madieu starts for the skins. looked pretty good out there.
Baas was and is a good player.