LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Mike Person waived by Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Pass.

Why? we told him he was going on the PS if he cleared waivers, so someone on the PS right now was a #2 choice to Person. What is your reason?

Because he doesnt offer an upgrade over anyone on the team. I wouldnt be mad or anything if we cut Wiggins to get him on the PS but I dont see any point in it. If he cant be a backup for the Colts then I dont see what he could do here.
Originally posted by susweel:
niners dont want

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN Six teams have inquired about adding OT Mike Person to practice squad after Colts released him Monday. The 49ers are not one of those teams.
I have to say I'm surprised by that. He's waaay better than Wiggins. Unless there was already an agreement that if he was cut by any team the 49ers would take him back, but I doubt that.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
niners dont want

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN Six teams have inquired about adding OT Mike Person to practice squad after Colts released him Monday. The 49ers are not one of those teams.
I have to say I'm surprised by that. He's waaay better than Wiggins. Unless there was already an agreement that if he was cut by any team the 49ers would take him back, but I doubt that.

Coaches must disagree that he's way better than wiggins.
niners dont want

Exactly. Theres no way anyone can say either is better than the other at all.
Trade him for Harbaugh
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows The Seahawks added ex-49ers offensive lineman Mike Person to their practice squad today.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows The Seahawks added ex-49ers offensive lineman Mike Person to their practice squad today.

niners dont want

True I obviously don't have access to practice footage. But I do know that Person is playing at LT during preseason and he has experience at guard as well. Wiggins played RT and hardly looked impressive in preseason. Obviously preseason isn't everything, but that's all I have to go by. By all accounts they wanted to add him to the PS after they cut him, what changed in a weeks time?

I guess they figure they can easily claim him off another teams PS if they need him and he's available just as easily as they can off their own.
niners dont want

True I obviously don't have access to practice footage. But I do know that Person is playing at LT during preseason and he has experience at guard as well. Wiggins played RT and hardly looked impressive in preseason. Obviously preseason isn't everything, but that's all I have to go by. By all accounts they wanted to add him to the PS after they cut him, what changed in a weeks time?

I guess they figure they can easily claim him off another teams PS if they need him and he's available just as easily as they can off their own.

They probably told him they'd add him to the PS as a favor and they figured why not. Not that he's a terrible player but I'd put money on him never being a starter or even a steady backup in the NFL. He'll probably be in the CFL or UFL in the next couple years.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

lmao! Seriously?!?!

That Pete Carroll
I would wish him the best, but not on an divisional rival team.

2011 picks remaining-

1st- OLB/DE Aldon Smith - Starter
2nd- QB Colin Kaepernick - #2, and could be used as a gadget or gimmick play
3rd- CB Chris Culliver- Basically starter, 3rd CB, and a future starter
4th- RB Kendall Hunter- #2 Back, looks awesome, powerful and fast.
5th- C Daniel Kilgore- backup Center, 7th OL on game days
7th- FB Bruce Miller- starter, and good blocker and catcher.

Our 6 picks left all are active every week, which is a good thing.

Gone-

6th- WR Ronald Johnson- With Philly on IR
6th- S Colin Jones- Traded to Carolina
7th- OT MIke Person- On Seattle PS
7th- CB Curtis Holcomb- Waived

2011 looks like a good draft, even with the 4 picks gone. We got quality and quantity out of that class.

Best since 2007 draft, Staley, Willis, McDonald, Brown and Goldson.
damn pete carroll trying to get some information on our scemes. the dude loves to pick up our seconds.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
damn pete carroll trying to get some information on our scemes. the dude loves to pick up our seconds.

Yeah but they dont work out. Balmer didn't, Braylon won't IMO. T.O. was out of shape, Bryant didn't last. None of these guys are a threat. But McCloughan is trying to do what he thinks is best.

Predictable Seahawks are predictable.
Share 49ersWebzone