There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 Pick 'Em Thread

Was sitting at 11-1 while the Buccaneers/Redskins and the Night Game between the Eagles/Giants had yet to play. Now I'm sitting at 11-3... damn it.

Oh well, not a bad week so far. Going out on a limb tonight and picking the Bears... c'mon Cutler!
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Was sitting at 11-1 while the Buccaneers/Redskins and the Night Game between the Eagles/Giants had yet to play. Now I'm sitting at 11-3... damn it.

Oh well, not a bad week so far. Going out on a limb tonight and picking the Bears... c'mon Cutler!

Wooo!

Glad it was Romo's night for a bad game and not Cutler's. :D
11 wins on the week. That'll put me at 42 on the season.
... I surrender

I've been racking my brain for 2 days now trying to figure out who to pick in the Cards/Rams game......
Whelp, I picked the Rams.

Here's my other Week 5 specials:

• Washington brings down the Falcons to the ranks of the 4-1's. Bob Griffin musters up an inspirational performance at home in a very loud, high-scoring affair.

• San Diego takes a typical dump and gets blown away by the Saints love fest on Sunday Night Football.

That's it.

Actually, I'm on the fence about the following, and may end up switching a pick or two on Sunday morning:

• I think Miami has a solid shot to upset Cincinnati, but I'm still taking the Bengals.

• I have Chicago winning in Jacksonville, but if the Jaguars won, I would not be shocked.

• This might sound insane, but I would not be surprised to see the Jets make it a low-scoring slugfest on Monday Night. I think Houston is resilient and wins out in the 4th quarter, but the NYJ are a starving, cornered dog, and won't go down without one last fight.

41-22
Originally posted by jrg:
41-22

Same! Except I picked the Cards to beat the Rams.. so now I'm technically 41-23 although it isn't official yet!

I'm not feeling too confident about this week like other weeks... some tough games to pick. We'll see how it goes.

My tough games to pick:
I got Steelers over Eagles - Which Eagles team decides to show up?
Panthers over Seahawks - With Panters defense, I have a feeling Lynch is going to run free. I hope Cam comes to play.
Patriots over Broncos - The consensus is Brady over Manning, but I'm not too sure.
Saints over Chargers - I believe the Saints pick up win #1. But the Chargers are actually playing pretty solid football at the moment.

I don't expect to finish above .500 in these games for some reason...
41-22

Same! Except I picked the Cards to beat the Rams.. so now I'm technically 41-23 although it isn't official yet!

I'm not feeling too confident about this week like other weeks... some tough games to pick. We'll see how it goes.

My tough games to pick:
Panthers over Seahawks - With Panters defense, I have a feeling Lynch is going to run free. I hope Cam comes to play.
Patriots over Broncos - The consensus is Brady over Manning, but I'm not too sure.
Saints over Chargers - I believe the Saints pick up win #1. But the Chargers are actually playing pretty solid football at the moment.

I like your picks. Pittsburgh just doesn't lose these kinds of home games, ever. I keep thinking about that epic 2002 game where Vick and the Falcons went into Pittsburgh and played them hard to a 34-34 tie. It was epic. Maybe he's just got a number on them. Another close game perhaps, but if the Steelers lost I would be kinda shocked.

The more and more I've been reading articles about the Saints this weekend and how they are all pumped up to be at home and Johnny Unitas' record and Brees playing his old team and all that...I'm getting this feeling that maybe the Saints have overhyped themselves for this one. No one is talking about San Diego, who seems to play pretty good on the road. I guess we'll see.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
41-22

My tough games to pick:

I like your picks. Pittsburgh just doesn't lose these kinds of home games, ever. I keep thinking about that epic 2002 game where Vick and the Falcons went into Pittsburgh and played them hard to a 34-34 tie. It was epic. Maybe he's just got a number on them. Another close game perhaps, but if the Steelers lost I would be kinda shocked.

The more and more I've been reading articles about the Saints this weekend and how they are all pumped up to be at home and Johnny Unitas' record and Brees playing his old team and all that...I'm getting this feeling that maybe the Saints have overhyped themselves for this one. No one is talking about San Diego, who seems to play pretty good on the road. I guess we'll see.

Phew, a little sigh of relief then. I'm feeling a little more confident as the games approach. Thanks for the information! I hope you're right!

My tough games to pick:

Phew! I went 3-1 in my scary games. Sitting at 9-4 this week so far, with Monday Night tomorrow. I've got the Texans, obviously. Shouldn't be anything to worry about to go 10-4 on the week, moving me to 51 and 26 on the season.
Finally had a good week!
47-29
Mcf**kle, six games out of first.

My only upset special of the week is once again...the f**king Redskins. I don't know why I torture myself like that.

Otherwise I concur with all the percentage leaders.
Titans over Steelers