LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

8 Team Pro Bowl

Shop 49ers game tickets
This might belong in the high thread but here it goes. We all know the Pro Bowl is on it's last leg, but what if the NFL were to create a 8 team Pro Bowl squad. Each division would create a roster of the divisions best players and maybe (not) have an 8 game playoff to to crown the best division. Then we can really see which division is the worst. I get tired of all these experts bombing on the NFC West so lets prove it.
Too much
True, but I would like to see some of the 9ers lined up with some of the divisions best players.
The rest of our division can eat a dick
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
The rest of our division can eat a dick

Wouldn't Fitzgerald and Moss look good on the same side of the field tho?
would not want to see a combined team jersey
could we borrow one of the other Divisions QBs? We would have Fitz, Moss, Vernon, and Danny Amendola but no one to throw to them.
So instead of two teams of players who don't give a s**t and don't want to risk injury you want to make 8? Not gonna happen.

Would have to have huge incentive to be considered and I don't know what that would be without screwing with the competitiveness of the sport as we know it.
This is my vision if a replacement for the probowl since it isn't anywhere near what it used to be.

Name two teams. No alternates Just the best from each division at their position. The city that hosts the Superbowl will also host a skills competition. Invite all the players who are interested.
we cant do that too many wasted games that mean nothing

risk of injuries increase greatly no player will try and again we will see what happpened in probowl

personallyi would like to see a skills challenge instead

• SaksV
  • Veteran
Seeing as how the NFL is considering adding 2-3 extra games to the schedule, I don't see this idea being too farfetched. Especially if you dangle wads of cash. That's the only reason players play in the all-star games anyway....the pay out.
That woud be way to much bonding time with the enemy...lol are you trying to give susweel a heart attack..
i love the idea but no way the players go for it...especially if they are FAs that year. they wont want to risk getting hurt

good idea though!
Originally posted by SaksV:
Seeing as how the NFL is considering adding 2-3 extra games to the schedule, I don't see this idea being too farfetched. Especially if you dangle wads of cash. That's the only reason players play in the all-star games anyway....the pay out.

Really? The players don't want to play extra games yet you think they will give it their all in a 8 team pro bowl set up?

Probowl use to be an encentive back when players had to have jobs in the off season to make ends meet. Who wouldn't want a free trip to Hawaii? Now with players making double digit millions a year where is the encentive?
[ Edited by kingairta on Sep 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM ]
Would rather they just can the pro bowl. I think they should.
Share 49ersWebzone