LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

art modell dead

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

RIP Art's Motel
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Apparently they're going to honor him in Cleveland at the game this weekend, which has disaster written all over it.

RIP Cleveland Browns Stadium
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
f**k Cleveland . Place is a s**t hole and most people rather live in a 3rd world country than that place. Not even $$$ kept Lebron there.

Baltimore loves Art.

thats because Lebron is a bandwagon jumping douchebag.
Cleveland is actually a pretty cool city. (yes i have been) FULL OF HOT CHICKS!
only reason i liked it.
Originally posted by 99problems:
f**k Cleveland . Place is a s**t hole and most people rather live in a 3rd world country than that place. Not even $$$ kept Lebron there.

Baltimore loves Art.

thats because Lebron is a bandwagon jumping douchebag.
Cleveland is actually a pretty cool city. (yes i have been) FULL OF HOT CHICKS!
only reason i liked it.

You must be easy to please Bc the hottest girl in the mistake by the lake is a 7 and looks a bit like a horse.

Everyone I know who has been to Clevekand said it sucks bad. No wonder Lebron took a pay cut to be in South Beach
You must be easy to please Bc the hottest girl in the mistake by the lake is a 7 and looks a bit like a horse.

Everyone I know who has been to Clevekand said it sucks bad. No wonder Lebron took a pay cut to be in South Beach

Lebron took the easiest path to the ring and it's not like every other superstar in an average market isn't doing the same either.

I guess Orlando, Toronto, Denver, and New Orleans are dumps too because they couldn't buy a ring for "their guy".
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Lebron took the easiest path to the ring and it's not like every other superstar in an average market isn't doing the same either.

I guess Orlando, Toronto, Denver, and New Orleans are dumps too because they couldn't buy a ring for "their guy".

No, only Cleveland is a s**t hole.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

But nevertheless Modell shat on a load of dedicated and loyal fans. I was nauseated at the subsequent enoblement of this greedy and selfish pos. Screw him.
Originally posted by English:

But nevertheless Modell shat on a load of dedicated and loyal fans. I was nauseated at the subsequent enoblement of this greedy and selfish pos. Screw him.

Per Wikipedia, he lost $21 million in the previous 2 years before making the decision to move to Bmore...
Per Wikipedia, he lost $21 million in the previous 2 years before making the decision to move to Bmore...

Rich men are able to manipulate finance to make it appear that they are winning or losing, whichever suits them best. Modell wanted it to appear that he was losing money to justify his desire to walk away from the team and the city.

u uses fancy werds.

Rich men are able to manipulate finance to make it appear that they are winning or losing, whichever suits them best. Modell wanted it to appear that he was losing money to justify his desire to walk away from the team and the city.

You know this or this is your opinion?

Do you know if the franchise is making more $$$ in Bmore?
I found this comment on the Internet in regards if Modell should be
In the HOF. Didn't realize that Art helped shaped the NFL we have today.... I'd hate him too if I were a
Cleveland fan, but Im not.....

I really think that If one is to make a judgment on Modell, one has to completely be separated from both cities and fan bases and look how vital a role Modell played in the early days of the NFL, from his work getting Monday Night Football started, the NFL/AFL merger, TV revenue sharing…I think he deserves to get in…but I can't expect Browns fans to like or support it. The NFL would not be in the position it is today, with the level of parity that keeps interest strong year in and year out without him.

Do I know or is it my opinion that rich men can manipulate financial situations to show whatever they want to show?

Gonna assume you aren't serious with this question. Ask yourself why top accountants get paid so much.
Lots of hate for a dead guy who really never did anything to me. I could see some Cleveland bums, and trash taking some classless shots over the internet at a dead guy, but us...for who, for what?

Sure the guy screwed the old home town over for a couple of million dollars, but we live in a me first, predatory capitalist system, now you can all flame me, attack me, and rip on me, but when you attack predatory, me first capitalism...you attack America, and I for one won't stand for it!

RIP Art Model, and all greedy dead guys every where...have some class!

Do I know or is it my opinion that rich men can manipulate financial situations to show whatever they want to show?

Gonna assume you aren't serious with this question. Ask yourself why top accountants get paid so much.

Do you know that Art was lying that he was losing money? Or are you generalizing ALL rich men.

Remember, that is why there is a bell curve, Bc there are people on
Both sides of the spectrum.
Share 49ersWebzone