There are 197 users in the forums

Week 1: Eye on the League

Shop 49ers game tickets
Week one has a lot of interesting matchup outside of the Niners, and keeping a Niner's perspective in mind, here's are my top 5 games I'll be interested in this week...

#1 - Seahawks v Cardinals (Always got to keep an eye on divisional games early.... specifically QB play in this one. Kind of pulling for Cards being that I think they suck and this year's divisional foe seems to be Hawks, they're really started to annoy me. So I'm pulling for Arizona.)
#2 - Steelers v Broncos (Manning's successes and failures will cast a shadow on our organization throughout this season. No matter what camp you're on, the Manning v Smith box score will be watched throughout this year)
#3 - Rams v Lions (Divisional opponent v next week opponent. It'll be interesting to see what the Rams bring for the Lions who will most likely be looking over their head to there game in SF the following week.)
#4 - Giants v Cowboys (Classic Win-Win/Lose-Lose game for me. Giants are really challenging my hate for the Cowboys in this one.)
#5 - Saints v Redskins (We play 'em later in the year and everyones interested to see how this team fairs under so much noise)
Nice list and agree with everything.

I think eagles/browns, falcons/chiefs will highlight our other potential NFC rivals. Next week bears vs. packers, unless Colts come tough this Sunday.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Week one has a lot of interesting matchup outside of the Niners, and keeping a Niner's perspective in mind, here's are my top 5 games I'll be interested in this week...

#1 - Seahawks v Cardinals (Always got to keep an eye on divisional games early.... specifically QB play in this one. Kind of pulling for Cards being that I think they suck and this year's divisional foe seems to be Hawks, they're really started to annoy me. So I'm pulling for Arizona.)
#2 - Steelers v Broncos (Manning's successes and failures will cast a shadow on our organization throughout this season. No matter what camp you're on, the Manning v Smith box score will be watched throughout this year)
#3 - Rams v Lions (Divisional opponent v next week opponent. It'll be interesting to see what the Rams bring for the Lions who will most likely be looking over their head to there game in SF the following week.)
#4 - Giants v Cowboys (Classic Win-Win/Lose-Lose game for me. Giants are really challenging my hate for the Cowboys in this one.)
#5 - Saints v Redskins (We play 'em later in the year and everyones interested to see how this team fairs under so much noise)

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would care what Peyton Manning does relative to Alex Smith. I never expected to get Peyton Manning, and we never had room under our salary cap to sign him at the price he was asking. Anyone who thought otherwise is delusional, especially after going to the championship game with Alex. If we had signed Peyton, there's no guarantee we would make it back to the playoffs. And if Peyton gets injured, how stupid will the Broncos look?
Originally posted by Psinex:

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would care what Peyton Manning does relative to Alex Smith. I never expected to get Peyton Manning, and we never had room under our salary cap to sign him at the price he was asking. Anyone who thought otherwise is delusional, especially after going to the championship game with Alex. If we had signed Peyton, there's no guarantee we would make it back to the playoffs. And if Peyton gets injured, how stupid will the Broncos look?

I 100% agree. However, the media doesn't see it that way, and they'll turn the lights on the situation, regardless of reality. So I can't help but hope Alex out plays Manning in the box score, so at least we'll be on the winning side of the media's made up reality. If Manning outplays Smith I'll know the truth and just be irritated by the none-story attention. Regardless, I admit I shouldn't care, just too much of an AS fan to let it slide I guess.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Nice list and agree with everything.

I think eagles/browns, falcons/chiefs will highlight our other potential NFC rivals. Next week bears vs. packers, unless Colts come tough this Sunday.

Colts/bears would have been my #6, I just didn't have a strong Niner tie with that one. I'm interested in all the hype of Luck. Just got done watching the Todd Marinovich documentary and couldn't help but think of the similar pressure and way Luck is looked at by the Media. Throughout my sports attentive lifetime, I've never seen so much hype surrounding a single player NFL... maybe Vick, but there were still more questions regarding his ability to be an NFL QB. Luck has a winning season and people will start tossing HOF around, I guarantee. So far, no signs of falter from Andrew though.
where can i watch tonights game online
every game i'm interested in, but #1 is the most important

When seahawks get some momentum then they start to get annoying..hopefully is ends in a tie
Saints gonna be fine without Peyton
I 100% agree. However, the media doesn't see it that way, and they'll turn the lights on the situation, regardless of reality. So I can't help but hope Alex out plays Manning in the box score, so at least we'll be on the winning side of the media's made up reality. If Manning outplays Smith I'll know the truth and just be irritated by the none-story attention. Regardless, I admit I shouldn't care, just too much of an AS fan to let it slide I guess.

I hope "Peyton to SF" was an off season topic. I can't see the media spending much time on it during the season - too many other things to talk about. At most, some clown like Jamie Dukes might bring it up if Alex really takes a step back, but the only way that story finds real relevance again is if we meet in the SB imo.
merge:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/167203-week-nfl-gameday-thread/

Share 49ersWebzone