There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Current cap room post cuts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/04/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-september-3/

Jaguars: $28.7 million.

Chiefs: $26.6 million.

Eagles: $20.2 million.

Titans: $17.0 million.

Bengals: $15.2 million.

Buccaneers: $14.9 million.

Browns: $13.3 million.

Seahawks: $13.2 million.

Packers: $11.6 million.

Broncos: $11.1 million.

Colts: $10.1 million.

Patriots: $10.0 million.

Cardinals: $10.0 million.

Panthers: $9.2 million.

Vikings: $8.9 million.

Saints: $8.2 million.

Jets: $8.1 million.

Bills: $7.9 million.

Redskins: $7.5 million.

Bears: $6.3 million.

Raiders: $6.0 million.

Cowboys: $5.3 million.

Ravens: $5.3 million.

Steelers: $4.5 million.

Chargers: $4.1 million.

Dolphins: $4.0 million.

Rams: $4.0 million.

Giants: $3.6 million.

49ers: $3.5 million.

Falcons: $3.4 million.

Lions: $2.3 million.

Texans: $2.3 million.

These numbers don't include practice squad signings, and doesn't reflect Haggans signing. Also proves that we are either using the 1.643M credit from uncapped year ruling against Washington and Dallas, or a 1.5M exception on Haralson.
I don't post here much, but certainly frequent the zone quite a bit. Can I just tell you that you are one of my favorite people in the world.

You're a good man sir.
With that said, our cap isn't looking so good.

Who do you think we end letting go as guys become free agents?
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:
I don't post here much, but certainly frequent the zone quite a bit. Can I just tell you that you are one of my favorite people in the world.

You're a good man sir.

LOL
Originally posted by elhebrewhammer:

You're a good man sir.

Thanks very much, I do my best.

As for your second question, I expect Haralson to be let go after the season ends, it will save $2.87 million in cap space, and letting go of Jonathan Goodwin frees up around $4.35 million. We have around $3.304 million right now for 2013, which isn't enough at all, especially when we have a number of free agents to be.

The other options for cap relief are Justin Smith, he has a $7.5 million base salary, and would make sense to extend him, and lower his base salary. Of course if Alex Smith doesn't pan out, we can cut him and save his salary, but lets hope it doesn't happen.

Whitner also could be extended, he has a $3.75 million base salary, and we could extend him, and lower salary. Same goes for Akers, with a $3 million base salary.