LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 337 users in the forums

Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. says Russell Wilson better than our boy Alex

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Somebody has written that the starting QB for Seattle is better than the backup QB for the Niners. Really? I think it's arguable, but even that is notable. Shouldn't it be a drop-dead lock that the starting QB for a given franchise is better than the backup QB for another? The fact that it's an arguable point says a lot about how good Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick are.

The article was written in August when Alex was the starter.
I wish we had Wilson. Imagine how much better we'd be with a real QB on the roster. Oh well, I guess that's what the draft is for.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
I wish we had Wilson. Imagine how much better we'd be with a real QB on the roster. Oh well, I guess that's what the draft is for.

he just look very poised even while scrambling..... the whole Seattle offense is good because of him and his ability, seattle offense minus Russell wilson is craps....
Originally posted by Probowlniner:
he just look very poised even while scrambling..... the whole Seattle offense is good because of him and his ability, seattle offense minus Russell wilson is craps....

Yeah, that Marshawn Lynch - what a wimp!
And, those 2 pro-bowl O-linemen - mere pushovers!

Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:

I bet you also wish you had a ********, fake 49er fan troll.
[ Edited by Psinex on Dec 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Somebody has written that the starting QB for Seattle is better than the backup QB for the Niners. Really? I think it's arguable, but even that is notable. Shouldn't it be a drop-dead lock that the starting QB for a given franchise is better than the backup QB for another? The fact that it's an arguable point says a lot about how good Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick are.

Wasn't this article written before the season started?
Originally posted by sacniner:
Do you really bump this thread? Don't worry, that isn't pathetic.
Oh, good; I was worried that only older threads bumped by non-49ers fans were looked down upon, and not those bumped by your fellow fans, as well.

Originally posted by aTx49er:
Wasn't this article written before the season started?
Yes, which is why it's impressive that he called it. Nobody knew Wilson was the real deal when he wrote it.
Lots of QB's are better than Alex. Just like lots of QB's are better than Russell Wilson. Point?

...Or did I just completely miss some world altering wisdom that this guy was so gracious to bestow upon us?
[ Edited by baltien on Dec 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM ]
Who cares? Smith isn't starting, Wilson looks good for now. Defenses will eventually figure out how to defend the pistol offense and make life very difficult for the breed of qbs

Originally posted by jays9ers:
Who cares? Smith isn't starting, Wilson looks good for now. Defenses will eventually figure out how to defend the pistol offense and make life very difficult for the breed of qbs

Truth.

Including ours?

Including ours?

I would say so. Although (and I'm clearly biased), I believe that Kap is a better pocket passer than Wilson. In fact when I think about it, we really don't use the pistol all that much anymore.

The measure of a good QB is his ability to adapt and overcome once his favorite wrinkle is taken away.

Time will tell which of these guys, if any of them, are truly great.

Including ours?

Yep... Just like the wildcat of a few years ago. Cam Newton got the cuffs put on him this year. Running qbs eventually get hammered and eventually have to rely on the basics of playing the position.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Yeah, that Marshawn Lynch - what a wimp!
And, those 2 pro-bowl O-linemen - mere pushovers!

We have pro bowl linemen too
Share 49ersWebzone