LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

** Week 2 NFL Preseason Games Thread 8/16 - 8/20 **

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Manning 2 INT's? What happened there

One a tipped pass, the other he overthrew his receiver. Otherwise he was picking apart the Seattle D the entire half. No pressure from Seattle at all. Looks like Seattle still has no pass rush, and the Irvin pick...not a factor. I keyed in on him all night.

The other thing I keyed in on, was the Seattle O line. Denver was having their way with them on passing downs. Lots of holding from them losing their one on one's.

From what I have seen, they probably got an upgrade over TJackson with either Flynn or Wilson. Looks like they can run the ball too. Overall, I see some about the same as last year (can run block, run defend, good secondary) and maybe some improvement from last year (passing)....and I also see some of the major probs form last year look to still be there....pass protection and pass rush.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Twitter's blowing up Wilson

He that dude?
Originally posted by toeshawn:

He that dude?

Let's wait until he does something against more than just backups in the 2nd half of a preseason game to decide.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

He threw the ball, and the other team caught it.

Saw that one coming from a mile away.

You set em up, I'll knock em down.

lulz
Originally posted by Blitz:

One a tipped pass, the other he overthrew his receiver. Otherwise he was picking apart the Seattle D the entire half. No pressure from Seattle at all. Looks like Seattle still has no pass rush, and the Irvin pick...not a factor. I keyed in on him all night.

The other thing I keyed in on, was the Seattle O line. Denver was having their way with them on passing downs. Lots of holding from them losing their one on one's.

From what I have seen, they probably got an upgrade over TJackson with either Flynn or Wilson. Looks like they can run the ball too. Overall, I see some about the same as last year (can run block, run defend, good secondary) and maybe some improvement from last year (passing)....and I also see some of the major probs form last year look to still be there....pass protection and pass rush.

Appreciate you taking the time to give a good breakdown.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

YW. Too bad it doesn't mean much cause it's only pre season. We will see what happens when they go un-vanilla. If the seachickens can get there with 4 or they need to 5 or more again. Last year, they had to blitz to get any pressure. If that changes this year I think they improve the W-L column. If not, I think they finish about the same.

Irvin better show some value when they blitz and take the vanilla wrapping off...cause he sure isn't showing much otherwise.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toeshawn:

He that dude?

Let's wait until he does something against more than just backups in the 2nd half of a preseason game to decide.

Yeah, i'm watching all the fuss over Wilson from the Seachicken fans over da short mobile dude playing against the other teams wannabe starters.

What looks to be short and mobile could easily turn into looking like skittish midget when facing a fully unwrapped first string d. Indeed, chances are that will be the case. Fleutie types are a very rare thing.

YW. Too bad it doesn't mean much cause it's only pre season. We will see what happens when they go un-vanilla. If the seachickens can get there with 4 or they need to 5 or more again. Last year, they had to blitz to get any pressure. If that changes this year I think they improve the W-L column. If not, I think they finish about the same.

Irvin better show some value when they blitz and take the vanilla wrapping off...cause he sure isn't showing much otherwise.

yeah for sure. But Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning. Always makes things a little more interesting! Especially now that he's back
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

yeah for sure. But Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning. Always makes things a little more interesting! Especially now that he's back

lol yes.

Peyton still looked like himself last night. He still has it. Dude can carve s**t up...
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh.....wilson's back, meet willis' helmet (hit him so hard his wife's face will feel it!)

anyone know how far away we are from kick off for the Colts game?
Originally posted by ace49ers:

5 min
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by ace49ers:

5 min

nice. time to see what Luck has installed 2nd week out.
damn there be some hitting in this game.
knoucked that guy the f**k out
Share 49ersWebzone