Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Crappy O-Line? No problem

A gutted roster? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.

Get outta here dude. It's one preseason game. Not saying Luck won't be awesome but:

A. No reason to bring Smith into the equation
B. Come talk at the end of the season and we'll see where your claims net out

I will bet you my entire 2012 salary that Luck's numbers at the end of the season (barring injury) will be better than:

1 touchdown
11 interceptions
40.8 QBR

Woohoo. Tonight at 5 on nbc
I hate the Colts. Lucky c**ts
This kids a studd and of course a rookie looks better than our 8 year vet. That kid is the real deal. I sure hope #11 plays well this year. Unlike most I have not been impressed by his pre-season outings. Go Niners!!

Edit: I phone auto correct fails
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Aug 21, 2012 at 8:07 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.

Get outta here dude. It's one preseason game. Not saying Luck won't be awesome but:

I will bet you my entire 2012 salary that Luck's numbers at the end of the season (barring injury) will be better than:

1 touchdown
11 interceptions
40.8 QBR

19 year old who everyone knew wasn't ready yet
Brandon Lloyd, Billy Bajema, Johnnie Morton and dick head Nolan as coach
vs
22 year old ready qb
Reggie Wayne, Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, etc and a ? At HC

Who do you think would have a more successful first season? Why are you even comparing them? One is the most NFL ready QBs we've ever seen coached up by a great offensive minded coach. And the other one was a 19 year old kid coming into the NFL from a gimmick spread offense

I hate how fans have to compare every qb in every thread to Alex
[ Edited by ImaMod on Aug 20, 2012 at 12:58 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.

1 touchdown
11 interceptions
40.8 QBR

Make a Luck thread about Alex Smith. Obsessed much?

Do yourselves and everyone else on this forum a favor and get some f**king help.
Originally posted by susweel:
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.

1 touchdown
11 interceptions
40.8 QBR

i think andrew lucks stats would be like that of he came out as young as alex did (i think he was 19 turning on 20)
he will have his issues when he faces better defensive front 7's ....I cant see him having much success against our front 7
He is going to have his ups and down...kids a rookie, but he is clearly plutonium grade raw material. Unless they complete screw up his development, Luck will be a star in this league pretty quickly. Playing in a pro style offense and staying the extra year really did amazing things for him. He has very good decision making, great mechanics, strong grasp of his offense and the ability to read defenses. The oline isnt the best, but he has good to great players at the skill positions and a saftey blanket in Fleener. He ALMOST makes me wish we could have waited one more year to turn it around. But then I remember last year and how much fun it was to finally be good again and I get over it.
if only we had the coach that helped develop andrew luck..........................................................................................................................

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
if only we had the coach that helped develop andrew luck..........................................................................................................................

if we did we would have seen major improvements
Originally posted by ImaMod:
19 year old who everyone knew wasn't ready yet
Brandon Lloyd, Billy Bajema, Johnnie Morton and dick head Nolan as coach
vs
22 year old ready qb
Reggie Wayne, Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, etc and a ? At HC

Who do you think would have a more successful first season? Why are you even comparing them? One is the most NFL ready QBs we've ever seen coached up by a great offensive minded coach. And the other one was a 19 year old kid coming into the NFL from a gimmick spread offense

I hate how fans have to compare every qb in every thread to Alex

It gets very annoying. Why people still try to compare Alex to Cam or Luck or insert next 1st round rookie qb is beyond me.

If you're still judging Alex off of his rookie season I don't know what to say. There's plenty of reasons why we set Alex up to fail but let's pretend that we didn't. His rookie season is irrelvant. All that matters is what he's capable of doing right now.

Luck looks fantastic though. It's sad that any discussion about a young quarterback is going to turn into a Alex Smith thread.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 20, 2012 at 3:09 PM ]
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.

1 touchdown
11 interceptions
40.8 QBR

Why in the world would anybody take that bet? I don't even know what you're trying to prove?
He should turn out to be a good QB if he keeps playing this way.
Share 49ersWebzone