Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Chill out guys...just a few things

• He has an awesome coach
  • He's had the same OC year after year
  • He's had his nose in the play book longer than i can remember
  • He has awesome WRs
  • His whole O Line are probowlers

Don't be giving this guy credit too much..it's not like his rookie year or anything

I see what you did there!

Wait you forgot that he played the Rams
[ Edited by YungAce on Aug 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM ]
I think the Colts owe us a future 1st round pick for our HC developing him. No, really!
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lol its the rams doe

Thats the dumbest argument ever because those are NFL players. The Rams d line is pretty good, and the secondary has new people that are pretty good. I dont care if it was against the 0-16 Lions the mere fact that this rookie came in and looked like a seasoned vet against a NFL team speaks volumes how good he is and how good he can be. I dont know why some people like to devalue what other young QBs are doing across the league. Its alright to give other players who were number one picks props, just because we got stuck with one of the few stiffs as a number one pick QB doesn't mean you guys need to hate on others.

I think the Smith supporters can show respect for Luck without it taking away from Alex.

No, it's just that you can compare 99.99999% rookie QB's (Jemarus = 0.000001%) and those rookies look like pro bowlers vs Alex rookie through year 7.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Crappy O-Line? No problem

A gutted roster? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.

Get outta here dude. It's one preseason game. Not saying Luck won't be awesome but:

A. No reason to bring Smith into the equation
B. Come talk at the end of the season and we'll see where your claims net out

I will bet you my entire 2012 salary that Luck's numbers at the end of the season (barring injury) will be better than:

1 touchdown
11 interceptions
40.8 QBR
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
You know what's sad? If Luck goes on to win more than one Superbowl, Indy will be like Peyton who? I know that's why Farve is so bitter. Its Superbowls or bust when talking about greatness.
One preseason game and we are talking about the guy winning Super Bowls?
Originally posted by BobS:
You know what's sad? If Luck goes on to win more than one Superbowl, Indy will be like Peyton who? I know that's why Farve is so bitter. Its Superbowls or bust when talking about greatness.

ever visit niner talk
You guys are f**king haters though, for real. My "Slight Jealousy" comment was not to compare Alex's rookie season with Andrew Luck's. You guys pretty much make every f**king thread about Alex Smith and that's pathetic as f**k.

The "Slight Jealousy" was saying that I'm jealous of the Colts landing two legit QB's with their #1 picks in a row, that's all. I always thought Luck was developed perfectly as a NFL QB, and was pretty upset when people were throwing him under the bus when RG3 had a big statistical season. I just love Luck's footwork, presence in the pocket, and even his running ability. No, I wouldn't have wanted to tank last season for Luck, and no I'm not jealous that we don't have Luck vs. Alex. So if that's what this thread is going to become, please lock it. Thanks.Such an annoying forum sometimes.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Method:
You guys are f**king haters though, for real. My "Slight Jealousy" comment was not to compare Alex's rookie season with Andrew Luck's. You guys pretty much make every f**king thread about Alex Smith and that's pathetic as f**k.

The "Slight Jealousy" was saying that I'm jealous of the Colts landing two legit QB's with their #1 picks in a row, that's all. I always thought Luck was developed perfectly as a NFL QB, and was pretty upset when people were throwing him under the bus when RG3 had a big statistical season. I just love Luck's footwork, presence in the pocket, and even his running ability. No, I wouldn't have wanted to tank last season for Luck, and no I'm not jealous that we don't have Luck vs. Alex. So if that's what this thread is going to become, please lock it. Thanks.Such an annoying forum sometimes.

take a deep breath and back away from the computer.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

ever visit niner talk
Yep, I remember Troy Smith's 350 yard game against the Rams in 2010, everyone went nuts. Pretty amazing, of course there are a lot of knowledgeable football fans here but they have short memories. They seem to forget that even a full good season from a QB does not guarrantee long term success. NFL defensive coordinators are pretty smart guys and the longer someone plays the more flaws they will expose. Coaches don't game plan much for preseason, so the results are pretty meaningless. Also most starters rarely see the field in the first preseason game, Luck was playing against guys that will probably be bagging groceries in early September.

Method going Method Man on us!

Originally posted by susweel:

take a deep breath and back away from the computer.

ever visit niner talk
Yep, I remember Troy Smith's 350 yard game against the Rams in 2010, everyone went nuts. Pretty amazing, of course there are a lot of knowledgeable football fans here but they have short memories. They seem to forget that even a full good season from a QB does not guarrantee long term success. NFL defensive coordinators are pretty smart guys and the longer someone plays the more flaws they will expose. Coaches don't game plan much for preseason, so the results are pretty meaningless. Also most starters rarely see the field in the first preseason game, Luck was playing against guys that will probably be bagging groceries in early September.

lol yup...

Luck didn't have a choice of which Defense players to go against but he did do what he had to do and he made it look like he's being doing it for awhile.

You're only good as your last game in this league..so lets see what he does next

No matter what the topic is, the alex haters will infest it and turn it into a bashing alex thread. That's why I dont really start threads anymore
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
No matter what the topic is, the alex haters will infest it and turn it into a bashing alex thread. That's why I dont really start threads anymore

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Crappy O-Line? No problem

A gutted roster? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.

Get outta here dude. It's one preseason game. Not saying Luck won't be awesome but:

A. No reason to bring Smith into the equation
B. Come talk at the end of the season and we'll see where your claims net out

I will bet you my entire 2012 salary that Luck's numbers at the end of the season (barring injury) will be better than:

1 touchdown
11 interceptions
40.8 QBR

Share 49ersWebzone