There are 443 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Andrew "Colts have Pure" Luck thread of Greatness and Slight Jealousy

  • kush
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,735
Y'all is crazy

Dorsey, Pickett >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Manning, Luck

'nuff said
[ Edited by kush on Aug 13, 2012 at 2:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Come on now. Most of what i said was true. I could have gotten deeper into it, like continuity with the receivers and the O line and knowing the offense well.

I stopped reading after your first statement thought...As if Luck is installing his offense from Stanford...

"The Stanford offense has a lot of the West Coast ideas in it," Luck said. "So all of the terminology was West Coast. (Colts offensive coordinator Bruce) Arians' offense is not West Coast, so it's learning a whole new thing. It's not too bad, and practice reps help."

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/7/27/3193518/andrew-luck-talks-differences-between-bruce-arians-offense-and-stanford-colts

Ok that is legitimate. I was just asking the questions. I hadn't looked into that specific question so II phrased it as a question. He is obviously a quick study and synthesizes it well.

My main point is that the situations are very different. Luck has a much better situation. That doesn't mean that he isn't still a better player, but I'm just trying to help you stay accurate. I think the other points are all valid differences that go beyond just explaining it in more detail.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,077
It is one preseason game, let us give it a while before we crown him an elite QB.
Originally posted by BobS:
It is one preseason game, let us give it a while before we crown him an elite QB.

Lol. On the way home a caller called in on ESPN radio and said Luck is already better than Peyton Manning. Lolwut. Some people are crazy.
Did people forget we had Joe Montana and Steve Young?

I'm jealous of no other franchise.
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Aug 13, 2012 at 3:09 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lol its the rams doe

Thats the dumbest argument ever because those are NFL players. The Rams d line is pretty good, and the secondary has new people that are pretty good. I dont care if it was against the 0-16 Lions the mere fact that this rookie came in and looked like a seasoned vet against a NFL team speaks volumes how good he is and how good he can be. I dont know why some people like to devalue what other young QBs are doing across the league. Its alright to give other players who were number one picks props, just because we got stuck with one of the few stiffs as a number one pick QB doesn't mean you guys need to hate on others.
Wonder how many years he's going to waste in Indy with a s**tty Defense
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Come on now. Most of what i said was true. I could have gotten deeper into it, like continuity with the receivers and the O line and knowing the offense well.

I stopped reading after your first statement thought...As if Luck is installing his offense from Stanford...

"The Stanford offense has a lot of the West Coast ideas in it," Luck said. "So all of the terminology was West Coast. (Colts offensive coordinator Bruce) Arians' offense is not West Coast, so it's learning a whole new thing. It's not too bad, and practice reps help."

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/7/27/3193518/andrew-luck-talks-differences-between-bruce-arians-offense-and-stanford-colts

Ok that is legitimate. I was just asking the questions. I hadn't looked into that specific question so II phrased it as a question. He is obviously a quick study and synthesizes it well.

My main point is that the situations are very different. Luck has a much better situation. That doesn't mean that he isn't still a better player, but I'm just trying to help you stay accurate. I think the other points are all valid differences that go beyond just explaining it in more detail.

All good my man.I see where you are getting at.

I put up simple generalizations just for fun . I could put up more detailed analysis but i don't feel like doing that for a Colts QB. Plus, no one would read it.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Actually nobody other than 49ers fans knew about Montana in the first season. At best he was considered a weak-arm comeback kid from Notre Dame. After the 1982 SB, he was called a dink-and-dunk QB, as much a put-down as game manager in 2011.

True. But as a Niner fan, you could see it, especially that second season.
Originally posted by Method:
10 years of dominant quarterbacking, one off year, and you land Andrew Luck?!








Look at that footwork. Stepping up in rhythm then into his left foot when he throws. Following through with his hand and almost pointing the pass in. That's what great QB's look like when they throw passes. It's not a coincidence that all the great ones look like that.

God DAMN.

CGI
Originally posted by Method:
10 years of dominant quarterbacking, one off year, and you land Andrew Luck?!








Look at that footwork. Stepping up in rhythm then into his left foot when he throws. Following through with his hand and almost pointing the pass in. That's what great QB's look like when they throw passes. It's not a coincidence that all the great ones look like that.

God DAMN.

The second pass was very nice. Great ball placement. The first pass, IMO, was much easier. The guy was wide open all the way. The CB looked lost. The safety saw, but was too late.

The OL protected well in both plays (in part because the Rams barely pressured.) If the Colts OL lapsed back to the state it was last year, Luck wouldn't have that much time to throw.
You know what's sad? If Luck goes on to win more than one Superbowl, Indy will be like Peyton who? I know that's why Farve is so bitter. Its Superbowls or bust when talking about greatness.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Chill out guys...just a few things

  • He has an awesome coach
  • He's had the same OC year after year
  • He's had his nose in the play book longer than i can remember
  • He has awesome WRs
  • His whole O Line are probowlers

Don't be giving this guy credit too much..it's not like his rookie year or anything

I see what you did there!
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Did people forget we had Joe Montana and Steve Young?

I'm jealous of no other franchise.

Agreed!!!!
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lol its the rams doe

Thats the dumbest argument ever because those are NFL players. The Rams d line is pretty good, and the secondary has new people that are pretty good. I dont care if it was against the 0-16 Lions the mere fact that this rookie came in and looked like a seasoned vet against a NFL team speaks volumes how good he is and how good he can be. I dont know why some people like to devalue what other young QBs are doing across the league. Its alright to give other players who were number one picks props, just because we got stuck with one of the few stiffs as a number one pick QB doesn't mean you guys need to hate on others.

I think the Smith supporters can show respect for Luck without it taking away from Alex.