Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Crappy O-Line? No problem

A gutted roster? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.

Lmao impossible to argue with all that. Then AGAIN, Luck had Harbaugh before Smith

yes ! winner winner
Originally posted by Axl49:
Very impressed and Jealous BUT BUT relax guys its preseason lol. Even Montana and Manning struggled the first year of real football.

Yup but you could tell they were special off the bat. Especially Manning.
so this has turned into another bash alex smith thread...nicely done fellas
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
so this has turned into another bash alex smith thread...nicely done fellas

its our hobby
He'll be a star.
There's a reason he was boasted as a "once in a generation talent."

His reads, comfort, zip on the throws, ACCURACY. Incredible. It will be very fun to track him throughout this season and beyond. It's crazy to me he kind of slipped off the grid with all of the RGIII hype.

Even moreso is his pocket awareness. When he spun off away from the back-side blitzer that was coming free, runs outside the tackle box, and throws out of bounds... that is the stuff you can't teach; those are the plays that tells me he will be a great QB.

f**king Colts.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
they bamboozled the NFL and it's fans. Took a year off to secure their success for the next decade. Kindda like what I was hoping we'd do.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blm7754:
Whats all the hype about??? He's playing against St. Louis defense. The weak link in Indy will be the OL... which is evenly matched for the Rams front 7, but that ain't saying much.

Agreed, Luck will be a great QB. But he's going to struggle when he has to run for his life against decent defenses. Indy better draft well the next couple years and find some quality OL.

forget who they're playing, look at the mechanics, the reading of the D, the zip on the ball, ball placement, etc....
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.

Get outta here dude. It's one preseason game. Not saying Luck won't be awesome but:

A. No reason to bring Smith into the equation
B. Come talk at the end of the season and we'll see where your claims net out
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.

Get outta here dude. It's one preseason game. Not saying Luck won't be awesome but:

A. No reason to bring Smith into the equation
B. Come talk at the end of the season and we'll see where your claims net out

I'll be here now and when Luck tears it up.

Sorry for bring Smith into it. Didn't meant to open up wounds, but its pretty startling how Luck looked as a rookie compared to Smith, even after 8 years. No jittery feet, calm and made smart and strong decisions.

Originally posted by 16to87:
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.
Kinda agree with most of this to some degree, but we did'nt suck for Luck and still had a great ( almost super year ) now if only Alex can take us to the next step and our backup QBs continue to progress the future looks good under coach Harbs
But yeah, Luck has the look of a budding star QB in the making

This goes out to all of the zoners who said any team who would lose a few games to ensure a high draft pick is short sited. Franchise qb's are rare. By sucking for luck the colts got there man. Washington got their man but sacrificed 3 first round picks. I think the colts are in a better position by sucking for luc.
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.

I want to preface this by saying tht I think Andrew Luck is going to be one of the Best QB's for a long time. I think he will be better than Alex Smith by a ways.

You are taking some major leaps though.

New Offense - How different is it? How much input has luck had in it?

New Coach - New horrible coach or new good coach. Alex had a new horrible coach with no offensive acumen.

Crappy O-line - TBD they picked up some new pieces. We really don't know how good they will be, but I would tend to agree that they don't look extremely strong.

A gutted roster?- Possibly. They kept ome key pieces, but they did get rid of some defensive players from a horrible team. WE'll see how that develops.

Cruddy WR's - I really vehemently disagree here. Again this seems like you don't pay close attention to other teamss. Wayne is older, but still a very good receiver. Austin Collie is one of the most talented Slot receivers in the game, and despite injuries has been really effective. He was on pace to have a Wes-Welker like season 2 years ago before the concussions, and last year put up decent numbers with the QB carousel. Fleener is a rookie but obviously very talented, and already has great chemistry with Luck.

This team already has 3 offensive weapons that are far superior to anything Smith had (besides Vernon) in the passing game.

We are also comparing a once-in-a-generation prospect with a guy who was seen as somewhat of a project, so it isn't surprising that Luck is more ready.

Again I think Luck is just better, but he is also coming into a very different situation. You are taking the extreme simplistic view in order to tak another shot at Smith. Predictable, but ineffective.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
New offense? No problem

New coach? No problem

Cruddy Wrs? No problem

He's the Anti-Smith.

I want to preface this by saying tht I think Andrew Luck is going to be one of the Best QB's for a long time. I think he will be better than Alex Smith by a ways.

You are taking some major leaps though.

New Offense - How different is it? How much input has luck had in it?

New Coach - New horrible coach or new good coach. Alex had a new horrible coach with no offensive acumen.

Crappy O-line - TBD they picked up some new pieces. We really don't know how good they will be, but I would tend to agree that they don't look extremely strong.

A gutted roster?- Possibly. They kept ome key pieces, but they did get rid of some defensive players from a horrible team. WE'll see how that develops.

Cruddy WR's - I really vehemently disagree here. Again this seems like you don't pay close attention to other teamss. Wayne is older, but still a very good receiver. Austin Collie is one of the most talented Slot receivers in the game, and despite injuries has been really effective. He was on pace to have a Wes-Welker like season 2 years ago before the concussions, and last year put up decent numbers with the QB carousel. Fleener is a rookie but obviously very talented, and already has great chemistry with Luck.

This team already has 3 offensive weapons that are far superior to anything Smith had (besides Vernon) in the passing game.

We are also comparing a once-in-a-generation prospect with a guy who was seen as somewhat of a project, so it isn't surprising that Luck is more ready.

Again I think Luck is just better, but he is also coming into a very different situation. You are taking the extreme simplistic view in order to tak another shot at Smith. Predictable, but ineffective.

Come on now. Most of what i said was true. I could have gotten deeper into it, like continuity with the receivers and the O line and knowing the offense well.

I stopped reading after your first statement thought...As if Luck is installing his offense from Stanford...

"The Stanford offense has a lot of the West Coast ideas in it," Luck said. "So all of the terminology was West Coast. (Colts offensive coordinator Bruce) Arians' offense is not West Coast, so it's learning a whole new thing. It's not too bad, and practice reps help."

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/7/27/3193518/andrew-luck-talks-differences-between-bruce-arians-offense-and-stanford-colts
Yup but you could tell they were special off the bat. Especially Manning.

Actually nobody other than 49ers fans knew about Montana in the first season. At best he was considered a weak-arm comeback kid from Notre Dame. After the 1982 SB, he was called a dink-and-dunk QB, as much a put-down as game manager in 2011.
lol its the rams doe
Share 49ersWebzone