There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ryan Mathews Broken Collarbone

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,677
Out 4-6 weeks.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8254382/san-diego-chargers-ryan-mathews-breaks-collarbone-4-6-weeks

Hope he is ok.


In all seriousness, how does this affect your fantasy team?
[ Edited by Garcia on Aug 10, 2012 at 12:58 AM ]
Yeah, hope he is ok. But let's get down to bidness..


So he'll miss 1-3 regular season games, possibly more? I didn't draft him onto any of my teams, but I would be pissed if had. Once things start to look up for him, something as unfortunate as a preseason injury takes place. I like Mathews but I don't think I can ever feel confident with him in my lineup.

I almost chose him over Gronk... SMH
[ Edited by YungAce on Aug 10, 2012 at 2:40 AM ]
he is expected to miss 4-6 weeks of the regular season. it usually takes 9-12 weeks to fully heal from a Broken Collarbone. 3 1/2 weeks to regular season, plus him being a pro athlete.. Where they get the 4-6 weeks.. Still this is the exact reason why i dont have my fantasy drafts until sept.
This dude is always injured. Even while in college.
Originally posted by niners94:
This dude is always injured. Even while in college.

2 best jobs in the NFL a backup QB and anyone injured.
Well that sucks. I know San Diego expected a whole lot when they drafted him. He hasn't put it all together yet. He needs to get healthy and produce for them.
He was projected for a breakout season. I'm always sorry to see any player injured, their careers are so short to begin with. Harbaugh has a stable of running backs raring to go.
"crosses off fantasy list"
If I was a Bolts fan I would be ordering a jersey with his number that says " porcelain" where his name should be.
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by niners94:
This dude is always injured. Even while in college.

2 best jobs in the NFL a backup QB and anyone injured.

yeah, no
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by niners94:
This dude is always injured. Even while in college.

2 best jobs in the NFL a backup QB and anyone injured.

yeah, no

BS they dont have to do the workouts they still get paid and the perks of being on the team.
im sure you saw the HUGE grin Morgan had on his face during the win streak (sure he would have rather played) but its a great job to have.
get paid millions not have to work out and just show up collect a check eat sunflower seeds and laugh with your buddies.
Its worse being the last player on the depth chart, cause your busting your tail every practice every day but NEVER see the feild

And i was told this by a NFL player
[ Edited by 99problems on Aug 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM ]
Makes things easier for my fantasy draft. Dude just can't seem to catch a break.
Wow, they let Tolbert go in the off-season and now their workhorse goes down before the season even starts. I bet they'll be hoping for the Niners to cut one of our guys. Any one of our 4 RB's could probably go and start in San Diego.
Originally posted by 99problems:
BS they dont have to do the workouts they still get paid and the perks of being on the team.
im sure you saw the HUGE grin Morgan had on his face during the win streak (sure he would have rather played) but its a great job to have.
get paid millions not have to work out and just show up collect a check eat sunflower seeds and laugh with your buddies.
Its worse being the last player on the depth chart, cause your busting your tail every practice every day but NEVER see the feild

And i was told this by a NFL player

no
Originally posted by Fricker:
he is expected to miss 4-6 weeks of the regular season. it usually takes 9-12 weeks to fully heal from a Broken Collarbone. 3 1/2 weeks to regular season, plus him being a pro athlete.. Where they get the 4-6 weeks.. Still this is the exact reason why i dont have my fantasy drafts until sept.

Fuuu I thought it was 4-6 weeks from now. Even worse.....