There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would Vontae Davis help the secondary out.

I was watching Hard Knocks and Vontae Davis looked out of shape but I remember when Greenbay played the Dolphins in 2009 and he seemed to be good at man to man coverage both off press and press and the Fins actually won that game. Maybe his older brother keeps him in check plus he is 5 11 so he has some size. But that more a FF football move I don't know what if anything the Dolphins would take and not sure he would be available via a trade?
He's not available.
only if his butts as sexy as VD's
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Yes but we dont need the help.

Rogers = #1 corner coming off his best season ever and will likely be successful for the duration of his new deal, especially in this scheme.
Brown = legitimate #2 CB also coming off his best season ever and has always shown flashes, I think he has the potential to be our "#1 CB"
Cully = excellent #3 CB especially considering what he accomplished with such a short offseason last year, played fairly well against CJ, has ton of potential
Brock = showed promise with those 2 INTS very early on before the injury and we always read about his speed and how much the coaches love him
Cox = by all indications he is well worth our time and is challenging for the nickel role, he's definitely going to push Brock on to the inactive list on gamedays.

While the other VD would be a great addition it wouldn't make sense unless we lost any one of the top 3 to injury. Even then I would be confident in Cox and Brock to step it up. Holcomb is still an enigma as a 7th round pick and will likely be on the PS this year. He may develop into a quality backup just like Brock.
Originally posted by sfout:

Rogers = #1 corner coming off his best season ever and will likely be successful for the duration of his new deal, especially in this scheme.
Brown = legitimate #2 CB also coming off his best season ever and has always shown flashes, I think he has the potential to be our "#1 CB"
Cully = excellent #3 CB especially considering what he accomplished with such a short offseason last year, played fairly well against CJ, has ton of potential
Brock = showed promise with those 2 INTS very early on before the injury and we always read about his speed and how much the coaches love him
Cox = by all indications he is well worth our time and is challenging for the nickel role, he's definitely going to push Brock on to the inactive list on gamedays.

While the other VD would be a great addition it wouldn't make sense unless we lost any one of the top 3 to injury. Even then I would be confident in Cox and Brock to step it up. Holcomb is still an enigma as a 7th round pick and will likely be on the PS this year. He may develop into a quality backup just like Brock.

Holocomb will be cut man, this is the 2nd year in a row he has been hurt before the preseason
I think we're set at this time.
Would love to have him. Doubt the Dolphins let him go for cheap.

You could never have enough good corners.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Holocomb will be cut man, this is the 2nd year in a row he has been hurt before the preseason

lolol i know right. figures the day after I say "maybe he can turn into something of a backup" and we cut him lol. but still the 5 others make my point more so. then there is cory nelms etc.
Well I think our secondary depth could be our achille's heel. We have no quality safety depth and I'm not too thrilled beyond Brown/Rogers. Culliver will hopefully take the next step, but depending on a second year player taking that next step is risky business.

Just what we need... another VD.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Just what we need... another VD.

lol i see what you did there
Gone to the Colts

for a 2nd rounder

wow
What a steal! We should have been involved
  • sfout
  • Veteran
wow. I'm glad VD #2 got to a good team(at least in terms of future potential), now if only Sean Smith could get away from Miami.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Gone to the Colts

for a 2nd rounder

wow

Win - Win for both teams imo