LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 261 users in the forums

Andy Reid's son, Garrett, found dead at Eagles camp

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by rigs49:
RIP sad news.

Is that the same one that had some type of legal issue a few years ago. It's always exceptionally sad when parents have to bury their kids.
Same one.
I put a link to this in the **General NFL Discussion Thread**
last page. Didn't want to start a thread on the subject.
Not surprising. Both his sons are some pretty serious drug addicts.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:

Originally posted by rigs49:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:

And ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/06/sports/football/andy-reids-son-garrett-is-found-dead-at-eagles-camp.html
Didn't the packers offensive coordinator, now dolphins head coach lose his son last year too?
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
RIP, so sad.
so sad. Wonder if he OD'd?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
As a parent nothing can be worse than this. RIP

Originally posted by maximill15:
so sad. Wonder if he OD'd?

I'd be very surprised if that wasn't it.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Didn't the packers offensive coordinator, now dolphins head coach lose his son last year too?

yes he was in a bar, left late at night and drowned after apparently falling into a river
What a loss. Does it seem odd that so many coaches' kids have this sort of thing happen? Tony Dungy, Joe Philbin, Andy Reid. I wonder, does their success have something to do with this? Have they possibly dedicated so much time to their craft that their family pays a price?

I'm not trying to lay blame or point fingers, I'm just wondering why this seems to happen to NFL coaches at a seemingly-greater rate than that of the larger population.
Are football coaches generally sh*tty parents, or what?
Originally posted by ninermedic:
What a loss. Does it seem odd that so many coaches' kids have this sort of thing happen? Tony Dungy, Joe Philbin, Andy Reid. I wonder, does their success have something to do with this? Have they possibly dedicated so much time to their craft that their family pays a price?

I'm not trying to lay blame or point fingers, I'm just wondering why this seems to happen to NFL coaches at a seemingly-greater rate than that of the larger population.
I wrote that in the thread in the PL. I think some of it may have to do with sh*tty parenting.
Share 49ersWebzone