LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Any other teams you root for sometimes..........

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
I just don't comprehend the topic of this thread. You all SERIOUSLY pull for other teams????? I might want a team to win for an afternoon to help us in the standings or point spread but ROOT for them?! Second favorite team?! What, do you have those other team jerseys in your closets too? That's called fair weather/bandwagon in my book. Some of you even said the punk ass raiders and cowboys.... Seriously? You might as well go out for drinks with the guy your wife left you for. Sorry I think that's disgusting, but that's just me.

I have ONE mother. I have ONE family. I didn't choose where or to who I was born. Football fan by choice; red & gold blood by the grace of God. Like I always say, I don't have any Niners tattoos. I have Niners birth marks.

I'm done with this one. You guys are making me feel like if my brother got married, changed HIS last name and started talking in the British accent of his new wife.

I think you're going too far with this one.

Nobody here really roots for the other teams like they are big time fanatics like they are 49er fans. These are the teams that if they are randomly playing an opponent, you would want them to win (except against SF).

I'd say this thread had a lot of relevance this past decade where the 49ers season was cut off in December and you had to pick a team to root for in the playoffs.

Anyways....a few side teams.

Jets - Grew up in NYC after leaving SF....obviously cannot like NYG
Bengals - Liked their uniforms and have Ohio ties through my father's family
Browns - Underdog Cleveland team, lots of history
Eagles - Like the punishment they administered to Giants over years....also their style of football since Cunningham/Reggie White
Chiefs - Gotta love these guys....and feel for their post season pain
Chargers - CA native with love for SD....I hated them for our 2010 matchup, but otherwise rooted for them esp. in the Tomlinson era

Mostly AFC teams.....and rarely if ever any conflict with the 49ers. Of course, any of this is subject to change on a moment's notice....esp. with respect to Philly.

Interestingly enough I live in South Carolina now, but no real love for the Panthers...especially now that they have Cam.
Panthers, like 90 percent of my family is from North Carolina, including my dad.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I just don't comprehend the topic of this thread. You all SERIOUSLY pull for other teams????? I might want a team to win for an afternoon to help us in the standings or point spread but ROOT for them?! Second favorite team?! What, do you have those other team jerseys in your closets too? That's called fair weather/bandwagon in my book. Some of you even said the punk ass raiders and cowboys.... Seriously? You might as well go out for drinks with the guy your wife left you for. Sorry I think that's disgusting, but that's just me.

I have ONE mother. I have ONE family. I didn't choose where or to who I was born. Football fan by choice; red & gold blood by the grace of God. Like I always say, I don't have any Niners tattoos. I have Niners birth marks.

I'm done with this one. You guys are making me feel like if my brother got married, changed HIS last name and started talking in the British accent of his new wife.

Nobody here really roots for the other teams like they are big time fanatics like they are 49er fans. These are the teams that if they are randomly playing an opponent, you would want them to win (except against SF).

I'd say this thread had a lot of relevance this past decade where the 49ers season was cut off in December and you had to pick a team to root for in the playoffs.

Eagles - Like the punishment they administered to Giants over years....also their style of football since Cunningham/Reggie White
Chargers - CA native with love for SD....I hated them for our 2010 matchup, but otherwise rooted for them esp. in the Tomlinson era

Mostly AFC teams.....and rarely if ever any conflict with the 49ers. Of course, any of this is subject to change on a moment's notice....esp. with respect to Philly.

Interestingly enough I live in South Carolina now, but no real love for the Panthers...especially now that they have Cam.

Seriously dude. It's okay to respect other teams. You do not have to worship them they way you do the niners. I'd hate to see what this guy would choose if he ever came to a two way street break, especially if it's a new construction on a road he'd always driven.
SEAHAWKS
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Seriously dude. It's okay to respect other teams. You do not have to worship them they way you do the niners. I'd hate to see what this guy would choose if he ever came to a two way street break, especially if it's a new construction on a road he'd always driven.

Completely agree. It's just a fun question and we all love our niners!
Texans
Texans
Tampa sometimes
Cleveland sometimes
I don't root for other teams really. Can't understand it. But If it's just a random game I'm watching I will root for a player that I like and wouldn't mind them winning as long as it doesn't really have any negative effect to the 49ers
Spent a lot of time in Tennessee so i guess the Titans.
Anybody playing a team in our division, or anyone playing the cowboys.

I root for the teams in our division to lose and I always root against the Steelers. I know plenty of Steeler fans and they are the most obnoxious , arrogant fan base there is.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Anybody playing a team in our division, or anyone playing the cowboys.

and

any team playing the Steelers

if none of the above apply I want to see the underdog win

there's always been a tiny spot in my heart for the Lions, Barry Sanders was the s**t and I'm glade I get to say I saw him and Jerry Rice on the same field a few times
bears but thats cause i grew up in chicago
Sure...any team that's playing against the NFC West rivals, Raiders or Cowboys.
I dont root for any other NFC teams, but AFC I'll root for the broncos since I live there, and then the pats cause Brady is from the bay. But only truly care about the niners.
Share 49ersWebzone