LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Better young pass rusher, Aldon Smith or Piere-Paul?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Aldon needs like 5 or 6 sacks to have the most sacks in his first two years ever. and last year we only used him on 3rd downs. this dude is incredible. bull rush, speed rush, hes got all the moves. beast

Needs 3 I believe
we're blessed to have him. I didn't want him when he was drafted, lol.
Aldon is probably the best young pass rusher in the NFL right now.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Aldon is probably the best pass rusher in the NFL right now.

Well, it's either him or Ware.
Its hard to compare JPP and Aldon... Aldon has Justin Smith to set up the pass rush for him.. JPP being a D End has to do it all his self. Cant compare them.. I had the same arguement with a friend who was saying JJ Watt was the best player out there and that Aldon got lucky that the bears Oline gave up for him to get that many sacks today.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fricker:
Its hard to compare JPP and Aldon... Aldon has Justin Smith to set up the pass rush for him.. JPP being a D End has to do it all his self. Cant compare them.. I had the same arguement with a friend who was saying JJ Watt was the best player out there and that Aldon got lucky that the bears Oline gave up for him to get that many sacks today.

Agree that it can be difficult to compare across positions.

But it also difficult to seriously beleive that Smith was just lucky and JPP does it all by himself.
Originally posted by buck:

Agree that it can be difficult to compare across positions.

But it also difficult to seriously beleive that Smith was just lucky and JPP does it all by himself.
Did we not watch Aldon yesterday? Dude has monster moves!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Aldon is probably the best pass rusher in the NFL right now.

Well, it's either him or Ware.

Forget about Von Miller?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Aldon needs like 5 or 6 sacks to have the most sacks in his first two years ever. and last year we only used him on 3rd downs. this dude is incredible. bull rush, speed rush, hes got all the moves. beast

I don't see any way that record is not his by the end of the year.

i can see the point, but i do not agree with it.

JPP has/had a ton of help on his line. Osi, Tuck, bernard, robbins, Kiwanuka, and a very good scheme.

Share 49ersWebzone