LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Better young pass rusher, Aldon Smith or Piere-Paul?

Shop 49ers game tickets
JPP based on track record. It'll be very interested to see how Aldon performs as a starter. They are already nightmares to protect against and both have incredible potential to get even better.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Aldon came in off-the-bench after a labor-shortened off-season with a new staff to come within 1/2 a sack of breaking the NFL single season sack record for a rookie. He was the 1st 49er player to get more than 10 sacks since Andre Carter in 2002. 10 years since we have had a dangerous pass rusher, that's pretty crazy. It's obviously too early to annoint Jason Pierre Paul as the better player. This year, when Aldon becomes a full-time player with a full off-season of OTA's and training camp, we'll see how much better he can become.

This! Great response

My 2 cents........ Too early to tell; lets revisit after the season..............
Ask me after this season, Harbs has said the biggest jump comes between year 1 and year 2 Last year was JPP's second year in the league. Now lets see what Aldon can do after that 1-2 year jump
Not a realistic comparison...Pierre-Paul's got a full year of experience on Aldon.
Even though Aldon was very productive in getting sacks with less snaps he also did it playing on Justin Smith's side. I'm not trying to downplay what Aldon did but at the same time Justin is a beast and a lot of O lines were focused and tied up with him which made it easier for Aldon. Right now I would have to say JPP. I hope Aldon proves me wrong for many years to come...
Originally posted by faithful4eva:
Even though Aldon was very productive in getting sacks with less snaps he also did it playing on Justin Smith's side. I'm not trying to downplay what Aldon did but at the same time Justin is a beast and a lot of O lines were focused and tied up with him which made it easier for Aldon. Right now I would have to say JPP. I hope Aldon proves me wrong for many years to come...

And JPP doesn't benefit from OSI and Tuck?
Originally posted by tmpluff:
Originally posted by faithful4eva:

And JPP doesn't benefit from OSI and Tuck?
HHHMMMM never said that or denied that. When you play with essentially the best d linemen in the league as well as the best linebackers it will be easier to get to the QB. Not to mention our secondary is also better then NY's. Our D is better overall which makes it easier for Aldon to get to the QB. JPP does not have that luxury although he does play on a good defense.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Piere Paul is a better all round player at this stage in his career but I think just as a pass rusher Alcon Smith is slightly better.

Alcon Smith is a beast and just like Frank Gire.

Alcon>>Gire
f**k the Giants.

BTW, I need to see Aldon do it again this year.
JPP.

Ask me after this season. I think Aldon can be even better this year and not have as many sacks as last season. Here's to hoping I am wrong.
JPP appears to be stronger and Aldon has yet to mature into his full frame.

I think in the long run it will be Aldon but for now JPP edges him out slightly.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
JPP.

This. For now.

This

Ya JPP is basically what Julius Peppers was in his prime

But Aldon as a rookie was a lot more impressive than what JPP was as a rookie

both are very similar
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jun 3, 2012 at 9:16 PM ]
Oh I think we have ourselves a legend in the making boys
Aldon needs like 5 or 6 sacks to have the most sacks in his first two years ever. and last year we only used him on 3rd downs. this dude is incredible. bull rush, speed rush, hes got all the moves. beast
Share 49ersWebzone