There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Top 20 Salaries for 2012 Players at each position

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Dam Willis almost has twice the salary of the 2nd highest paid ILB. He is ballin!

Also 2nd highest paid player for 2012 behind Peyton.
Originally posted by belabartok:
Cue the people who are going to see these and make assumptions believing these are yearly averages.

A lot of these that seem inflated are so because guys received bonuses this year. Ex: Athyba Rubin is not the top paid DT, but signed an extension last year which included a bonus this year, thus the highest salary for 2012.

True, these are for 2012, but a good amount are top 5-10 at those positions overall. A good amount are on last year of contracts and will look for new deals.
Originally posted by MILFS:
Zach Miller is the highest TE? lol

Him, Vernon and Marcedes Lewis are top 3 paid, Vernon is #1 I believe overall. Miller got way way too much, and isn't really that good. John Carlson is a much better TE and they let him go to Minnesota for 5yr 25M deal.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This thread reaffirms the great job that our Front Office has done. We have arguably the most talented roster in the NFL from top to bottom, and we have very few players who rank in the top 10 paid at their respective positions. Just a great job of determining the player's value and paying them accordingly.

LOL @ the Bucs committing $22 million on 2 guards. I'm also shocked to see how much Zach Miller, Atyhba Rubin, and Calvin Pace make.

All of the Vincent Jackson's guaranteed money is in yr 1 and 2. But they went overboard with deals this offseason, overpaid Eric Wright, Carl Nicks and Jackson got huge deals, that were outrageous. They will need to extend Freeman at some point, and they have Penn and Davin Joseph already on big deals, plus Jeremy Zuttah signed a good sum deal in the offseason.

Rubin got an extension before the 2011 season, good amount over 25M. Pace I believe without looking at my workbook is in last year of his contract, might have 2 yrs at most left, so he may want a new deal.
Originally posted by hateroids84:
Goldson deserves to be on that list...

What does deserves have to do with anything? This is not a list of the best players. He'll be on the list when he signs.
LOL at Zach Miller and Sam Bradford.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Dam Willis almost has twice the salary of the 2nd highest paid ILB. He is ballin!

Also 2nd highest paid player for 2012 behind Peyton.

yeh that wont happen again. i think the max the rest of his deal pans out is at 4 mill a year. Brilliant cap moves
I wonder what Willis would be offered if he were to be a free agent,
Bump, updated to top 15 per position.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

WR:

Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals - $13,250,000
Vincent Jackson, Buccaneers - $13,000,000
Darrius Heyward-Bey, Raiders - $10,409,000
Wes Welker, Patriots - $9,515,000
Brandon Marshall, Bears - $9,300,000
Calvin Johnson, Lions - $8,950,000
Sidney Rice, Seahawks - $8,200,000
Roddy White, Falcons - $8,075,000
Santonio Holmes, Jets - $8,000,000
Steve Smith, Panthers - $7,750,000

ILB:

Patrick Willis, 49ers - $17,636,707
Brian Urlacher, Bears - $9,200,000
Bart Scott, Jets - $6,900,000
A.J. Hawk, Packers - $6,550,000
DeMeco Ryans, Eagles - $5,900,000
Jonathan Vilma, Saints - $5,500,000
Jon Beason, Panthers - $5,250,000
Ray Lewis, Ravens - $5,200,000
D'Qwell Jackson, Browns - $4,900,000
Takeo Spikes, Chargers - $3,575,000

DHB -
PW - vs #2

The best Linebacker in the game gets cheese for days!
SEA has two TE's locked up in the top 15.

Pete Carroll still thinking this is USC. Dude's going to leave SEA in serious Salary Cap Hell.
i'm assuming these are w/ bonus right?
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i'm assuming these are w/ bonus right?

Yes, with various bonuses, either pro-rated signing bonuses, option bonuses, workout and roster bonuses.
Patrick Willis for president y'all
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
I wonder what Willis would be offered if he were to be a free agent,

12 years 120 mil