There are 733 users in the forums
Five Under-the-Radar Potential Playoff Teams
May 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM
- blizzuntz
- Veteran
- Posts: 56,279
Bears could be a scary team to play considering they were a playoff team last year before Cutler got hurt.
May 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM
- OnTheClock
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 38,576
Originally posted by blizzuntz:Bears could be a scary team to play considering they were a playoff team last year before Cutler got hurt.
They certainly could. If their secondary steps up and Urlacher is healthy, that will definitely help. The team I really hope makes it, especially after all the additions, is Buffalo. All that team really lacks, honestly, is a big-time #2 to go with Stevie Johnson. I think that without one, their playcalling has been predictable because almost everything went to Fred Jackson or Johnson, and that hurt them.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM ]
May 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM
- pelos21
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,750
If Fred "Action" Jackson stays healthy then Bills will contend for sure. Their D is looking pretty good this year too.
May 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM
- chico49erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,961
I personally don't think the Bears are that under the radar. They looked like a hell of a team before Cutler and Forte went down.
Agree on all though. Interesting to see if the Bills can put it all together. I semi-root for them like I did for the Lions... they have just been so pathetic. The Lions now though... f**k them.
Agree on all though. Interesting to see if the Bills can put it all together. I semi-root for them like I did for the Lions... they have just been so pathetic. The Lions now though... f**k them.
May 13, 2012 at 1:05 PM
- pdizo916
- Member
- Posts: 38,241
Seattle seahawks are always scary. They have a good run game and solid defense.
May 13, 2012 at 1:06 PM
- CalNiner49
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,719
Seahawks could surprise IMO if Flynn pans out. They have Lynch and a pretty good def.
May 13, 2012 at 1:31 PM
- OnTheClock
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 38,576
Originally posted by MILFS:Seahawks could surprise IMO if Flynn pans out. They have Lynch and a pretty good def.
I think their whole team just needs to stay healthy. The Seahawks receivers, when healthy, are solid -- but Flynn won't be throwing to Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Driver, Jones, and Finley anymore. Sidney Rice, Mike Williams, and Doug Baldwin at receiver and Miller at tight end are a pretty noticeable drop-off from that.
May 13, 2012 at 1:33 PM
- pdizo916
- Member
- Posts: 38,241
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think their whole team just needs to stay healthy. The Seahawks receivers, when healthy, are solid -- but Flynn won't be throwing to Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Driver, Jones, and Finley anymore. Sidney Rice, Mike Williams, and Doug Baldwin at receiver and Miller at tight end are a pretty noticeable drop-off from that.
Still pretty formidable unit.
May 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM
- sincalfaithful
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,712
More worried about the Seahawks making a playoff push
May 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM
- SofaKing
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,442
Bills are my biggest under-the-radar team. Chan Gailey has done a nice job improving that offense. They did a lot to improve their defense by bringing in Super Mario, Anderson, Gilmore, to go along with Dareus, K. Williams, Barnett, Byrd. They have a solid team on paper.
May 13, 2012 at 6:42 PM
- Vasco49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 279
I fully expect the Bears to be a serious Super Bowl contender this season. If Cutler can stay healthy and with the improvements they have made it would be very unwise to overlook that team. The Cheifs are another team I expect to surprise a lot of people this year.
May 13, 2012 at 7:06 PM
- theninermaniac
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,430
The panthers are gonna be good with cam newton in his second year. They could have a great offense this year. They had a solid draft too with keuchly and silatolu.
May 13, 2012 at 7:10 PM
- Mike8016
- Veteran
- Posts: 937
The Bears are legit. If Cutler didn't get hurt they would of made it last season
May 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM
- Olejohnnyboy
- Veteran
- Posts: 474
The Raiders aren't going to do anything under the radar. The Broncos will win their division and the Raiders typical record around 7-9 won't qualify for a Wildcard. I think the Seattle Seahawks are under the radar, not the AZ Cardinals. I also think that the Eagles are under the radar considering in their division. The Giants and Cowboys are getting a lot more attention.
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on May 14, 2012 at 12:53 AM ]