There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'd love that. Get a chance to see the Niners at least once a year without having to travel a few hundred miles. Before they left Anaheim, the stadium would be half full with 49er fans.

I thought they played in the coliseum.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

1946 to 1979 = Rams played at the LA Memorial Coliseum (where USC plays now), Raiders played in the same venue from 1982-94

1980 Super Bowl XIV = Lost to the Steelers, game was played in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena

1980 to 1994 = Played at fully-enclosed Anaheim Stadium (Angels' current park, now rennovated to baseball-only)

If they do come back, they'd probably have to play a few seasons at LA Memorial or the Rose Bowl, while "Farmers Field" or that other proposed stadium in City of Industry is built.

Farmers Field = would be downtown next to Staples Center. Traffic nightmare, no tailgating most likely, EIR report done
Industry Stadium = in the 'burbs like Santa Clara, centrally located between LA and OC counties, supposedly "shovel-ready"
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on May 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'd love that. Get a chance to see the Niners at least once a year without having to travel a few hundred miles. Before they left Anaheim, the stadium would be half full with 49er fans.

Yuuuuuuup!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

1946 to 1979 = Rams played at the LA Memorial Coliseum (where USC plays now), Raiders played in the same venue from 1982-94

1980 Super Bowl XIV = Lost to the Steelers, game was played in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena

1980 to 1994 = Played at fully-enclosed Anaheim Stadium (Angels' current park, now rennovated to baseball-only)

If they do come back, they'd probably have to play a few seasons at LA Memorial or the Rose Bowl, while "Farmers Field" or that other proposed stadium in City of Industry is built.

Farmers Field = would be downtown next to Staples Center. Traffic nightmare, no tailgating most likely, EIR report done
Industry Stadium = in the 'burbs like Santa Clara, centrally located between LA and OC counties, supposedly "shovel-ready"

thnx doot.
Doesnt matter where the Rams play they will always have the LA stink on them. But in LA no time zone change, and less traveled miles.
L.A. sports fans (and I use the term very loosely) are the most fickle in the world. Dodgers fans leave the stadium by the 7th inning, because they care more about road traffic than their team. Historically, no NFL franchise survives in Los Angeles because not enough fans support the team. So any team that moves to L.A. will have to leave L.A. in a few years (Raiders, Rams, etc.). It's not worth the trouble. Let L.A. go without an NFL team until the day their fan base grows up and develops an attention span longer than that of a flea.
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
L.A. sports fans (and I use the term very loosely) are the most fickle in the world. Dodgers fans leave the stadium by the 7th inning, because they care more about road traffic than their team. Historically, no NFL franchise survives in Los Angeles because not enough fans support the team. So any team that moves to L.A. will have to leave L.A. in a few years (Raiders, Rams, etc.). It's not worth the trouble. Let L.A. go without an NFL team until the day their fan base grows up and develops an attention span longer than that of a flea.

LOL, this is so far from the truth. The Raiders left LA because they couldn't get luxury boxes in the Coliseum, not due to attendance. Anaheim is 45 miles from LA and had similar stadium issues. The issue with LA has always revolved around the funding of a stadium and luxury boxes. The idea that an area of this size "doesn't have enough fans to support the team" is ridiculous.

Candlestick's been freaking overrun by other team's fans for about a decade now, yet you Norcals still think you have some sort of fan superiority. Gimme a break.
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:

who really cares? your opinion is a pretty stereotypical generalization of LA fans (a lot of the same can be said for Bay Area fans honestly) and makes ludicrous assumptions based on past events that were honestly more the fault of incompetent owners and city officials....

any move back to LA by the Rams benefits the Niners travel-wise since all their division games will be in the Pacific timezone, plus as someone said a more sizeable contigent of 49ers fans will be able travel down to LA and make their presence felt
Eventually, some team will end up there.

They are used as a trump card for teams who want a new stadium - most recently the Vikings.

Right now there are 2 AFC teams and 1 NFC team so if the Rams return, it won't make any difference except in game & travel times.

Then again, there could be an expansion team in the plans.
https://www.facebook.com/losangelesrams

• MILFS
  • Veteran
no thanks. i'd rather not watch the rams play on TV every weekend even if I get to attend a 49ers game once a year.
I'm all for it. Niners have less travel distance (albeit only for the one away game) and it would greatly intensify the already good rivalry we have goin with them if they're that close.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Oh ya! Used to go to LA from the Cruz every year for our away divisional game with them and had a blast, always looked forward to it! Including the night game when JT put up 2 90+ yard TDs...oh those lamb fans hated us that night. They were gloating coz they were ahead for a lot of the game, boy were they a sorry bunch out in the lot afterwards...

So yes, bring them back if only to go the their home games with the Niners..

hell yeah, that game was AWESOME:

Haha, HOW could we ever get rid of this rivalry :

Thank you for that bro!
Brings back hella memories... at that stadium you could only use real charcoal for the BRQ on the outer rim right next to the road where everyone had to come through to enter the lot on the side I was at, otherwise they made you use gas. So what did we do; we hung our huge Niner flags on poles and all the Lambs fans had to drive their cars though them as they waffled sweetly over their windshields; oh they were hating that. Close but no fights, the good ol days fer sure>>>NINERS!!!!
The Raiders in Oakland, the Rams in LA, just feels right to me. I would love to get the rivalry back at full speed. They should be bigger divisional rivals than the Seahawks.
hell yeah, that game was AWESOME:

Haha, HOW could we ever get rid of this rivalry :

Holy s**t, those mullets are awesome!!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home