There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Yes, they should be in LA. Wait, they take area49 with them right?
Well considering it would be much easier to see a 9er game if you live in SoCal like me than I'm all for bringing them back.

Not to mention it works in to the 9ers advantage as traveling to LA is far better than it is to St. Louis.

At this point I actually would be surprised if the Rams don't move back to LA.

Rams are going to ask for all these upgrades knowing that St. Louis isn't going to go for it so both sides can save face by pointing the finger at each other. Works out for the NFL because they get the Rams a new stadium and a team in LA that still has a fan base there.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Yes, they should be in LA. Wait, they take area49 with them right?

We should be so lucky.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Oh ya! Used to go to LA from the Cruz every year for our away divisional game with them and had a blast, always looked forward to it! Including the night game when JT put up 2 90+ yard TDs...oh those lamb fans hated us that night. They were gloating coz they were ahead for a lot of the game, boy were they a sorry bunch out in the lot afterwards...

So yes, bring them back if only to go the their home games with the Niners..

hell yeah, that game was AWESOME:

Haha, HOW could we ever get rid of this rivalry :

[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on May 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM ]
watching that MNF video, 3 little tidbits stood out:

1) Mike Cofer was HOT GARBAGE

2) old Anaheim stadium when it was enclosed for the Rams, looked ALOT like Candlestick. Bet Angels fans were happy when it was reverted to baseball only (sorta the opposite of what happened to the OAC when the Raiders came back and Mt Davis was built)....it all seems connected now, looking back-- with the exodus out of LA: SoCal fans, Niner fans and A's fans all got screwed!

3) we should bring back the wraparound draw for LaMichael James!
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on May 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Haha, HOW could we ever get rid of this rivalry :

Matt Maiocco with the red shirt and glasses
MCA @ 52 secs
Jerry Seinfeld @ 1:20
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on May 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
L.A. was home to the original "Same ole sorry ass Rams". I say bring em back.

Cleveland was the original home of the Rams from 1936-1945. They moved to L.A. in 1946.
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
L.A. was home to the original "Same ole sorry ass Rams". I say bring em back.

Cleveland was the original home of the Rams from 1936-1945. They moved to L.A. in 1946.

....moot point anyways. IIRC, Dana Stubblefield or Ken Norton Jr came up with that saying when the Niners PUMMELED the Rams in their very first meeting in St Louis (at old Busch STadium cos their dome wasn't complete yet)

October 1995 I believe, and the Niners were limping into that game (injuries) in 2nd place and the Rams were like 5-1. We brought them back to earth and showed them whose DADDY that day hahaha...

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Think about it.

You'd get to go to a 49er game once a year.

+1
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Let them go to L.A. . . . Freddie P. Soft will ruin them.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
....moot point anyways. IIRC, Dana Stubblefield or Ken Norton Jr came up with that saying when the Niners PUMMELED the Rams in their very first meeting in St Louis (at old Busch STadium cos their dome wasn't complete yet)

October 1995 I believe, and the Niners were limping into that game (injuries) in 2nd place and the Rams were like 5-1. We brought them back to earth and showed them whose DADDY that day hahaha...

Didn't we beat them 17 straight times at one point?

Lol at the Rams. They were our b***h.
LET THE BEAT L.A. CHANTS COMMENCE
i live in LA and the only reason i would want the rams back is so i can see a niner game here every season
Dood, i would have a reason to visit that cesspool of a city in Los Angeles. I would visit Farmers Field every year.
I'd love that. Get a chance to see the Niners at least once a year without having to travel a few hundred miles. Before they left Anaheim, the stadium would be half full with 49er fans.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home