LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Shop 49ers game tickets

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/11/rams-now-move-to-top-of-la-list/

I personally would like to renew the west coast rivalry....
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on May 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM ]
I'd like to see them back in LA. It would not only get rid of another 10 am game for us, but it would be a lot easier to go a Niner road game (for bay area fans, at least). I'd make the trip every year.
st. louis don't deserve a team. Why did they leave LA anyways?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

That should be self evident.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
The conniving, machinating, gold-diggin' wife of late owner Carroll Rosenbloom, (who some say died suspiciously/mysteriously coincidentally, right after the team moved to Anaheim from the LA Coliseum). During her tenure as owner in OC, she eventually got tired of always getting TRUMPED by the Niners during our Dynasty Years, then gave up on getting a new stadium in SoCal and proceeded to drive the Rams franchise into the ground, alienating Orange County. She then moved the team to her supposed hometown of St. Louis IIRC, the fictional woman owner of the Cleveland Indians in the movie "Major League" is based off of her...
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on May 12, 2012 at 8:03 AM ]
Georgia Frontier was a hoebag.
let em stay in STL. no need for free agents to gather there to mingle amongst the hollywood elite. let em stay in STL. I don't want the rams to have any leverage to obtain free agents or revenue from that large market
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
let em stay in STL. no need for free agents to gather there to mingle amongst the hollywood elite. let em stay in STL. I don't want the rams to have any leverage to obtain free agents or revenue from that large market

they're not the frickin lakers or dodgers......even when they were challenging the Niners supremacy in the 80's the rams in socal were seen more as second fiddle (ala clippers or angels) to the raiders in fan appeal....in order to truly be a threat to us again, the rams would have to have LA all to themselves (like they did from the 1940's til when the raiders moved in) and be backed by the whole of the LA/OC area (good coaching and management would also help)

a little healthy competition and motivation from a closer, intrastate rival and traditional nemesis might be good for the niners though.....heck, maybe its a coincidence we haven't won another super bowl since our LA rival left Cali....Niners might have got too complacent

and yes the SeaTards are poor replacements as divisional rivals, despite their respective douchey and dumb fanbases, compared to a hated team hailing from SoCal with fans that have a superiority complex over the Bay Area, and vendetta against the Niners.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on May 11, 2012 at 10:19 PM ]
Let them go to L.A. . . . Freddie P. Soft will ruin them.

please let this happen. I will be in the minority when i say this but i want the rams in LA and the raiders somewhere in the East Bay. (just not in SC)
L.A. was home to the original "Same ole sorry ass Rams". I say bring em back.
Oh ya! Used to go to LA from the Cruz every year for our away divisional game with them and had a blast, always looked forward to it! Including the night game when JT put up 2 90+ yard TDs...oh those lamb fans hated us that night. They were gloating coz they were ahead for a lot of the game, boy were they a sorry bunch out in the lot afterwards...

So yes, bring them back if only to go the their home games with the Niners..
I live in LA and I absolutely oppose this idea. I'd rather see the chargers or the f**king stupid ass raiders here than the piece of s**t rams.
Originally posted by MILFS:
I live in LA and I absolutely oppose this idea. I'd rather see the chargers or the f**king stupid ass raiders here than the piece of s**t rams.

Think about it.

You'd get to go to a 49er game once a year.
Share 49ersWebzone