LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

S Chad Jones (NYG) back on the field after horrific accident two years ago.

Shop 49ers game tickets
I have been curious as to his progress because I really have been rooting for the guy to recover and succeed. It was a terrible thing that happened and I have hoped the kid could overcome it all. The best news so far has come recently in that Jones is back on the field. I don't know if it's been posted already or if NFL.com even mentioned it, but I think this deserves a thread.

Quote:
"The main challenge is conditioning," he said. "As the workouts are going, my leg is feeling good so that's a big positive. But hamstrings, quads, they get a little sore and burn out a little faster, so I'm just working on my endurance and moving on from there."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/04/chad_jones_impresses_fellow_gi.html

Quote:
I'm told Jones was outside running today. He's continuing his rehab here at the Giants' facility after working with physical therapist John Moran for nearly two years in New Orleans.

To clear up two things, though:

-- It sounds like Jones must still be cleared by the Giants' medical staff before returning to football activities. There was talk a while ago he had passed a physical but that was not one performed by the Giants. His working out right now is simply a continuation of his rehab.

-- Jones did not sign a contract extension, as had been reported down in New Orleans. He merely lowered his base salary in the next two seasons. He was already signed for two more years.

So in short, Jones is here working out with the Giants, just as he promised he would. Next month, we should have a better idea for whether this remarkable comeback can be completed.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/38160/chad-jones-is-back-with-the-giants
Damn I forgot about Chad Jones! I wanted the 9ers to take him a couple of years ago
Originally posted by YungAce:
Damn I forgot about Chad Jones!

THIS
who is this guy again?
Originally posted by jreff22:
who is this guy again?

exactly. What happened to him?
Originally posted by YungAce:
Damn I forgot about Chad Jones! I wanted the 9ers to take him a couple of years ago

This!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by jreff22:
who is this guy again?

exactly. What happened to him?

Safety from LSU, got drafted by the Giants in the 3rd round 2 years ago and about a month after the draft he was involved in a horrific car accident. His injuries were so severe that they were seriously considering amputating one of his legs. Even though that didn't happen many people told him he'd never play football again, its a great story, I hope the guy gets on the field.
[ Edited by sfout on May 4, 2012 at 7:08 AM ]
Good for him
I wanted the 9ers to take him a couple of years ago.
Jones was a beast, also a pitcher at LSU.

Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Good for him

I wish him a great life whatever he does.
It would be a terrific story if he could play sometime this year. If not, you'd have to think he'd get one last shot the following season after all the rehab and whatnot. I hope he is successful one way or the other.
So that's why Kyle Williams WON A RING FOR HIM!!!

Hope the guy makes it back. Always root for a guy who has to over come adversity.
Share 49ersWebzone