LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Nate Clements could be candidate for release in Cincinnati

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
So glad he is gone. He is a prime example of why you don't break the bank on big FAs.

..except if it's Justin Smith
I will always remember Nate for that fumble he had against the Falcons. It epitomized the Nolan-Singletary era.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I will always remember Nate for that fumble he had against the Falcons. It epitomized the Nolan-Singletary era.

I thought that was Dre Bly?
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Liked the signing way back when it happened because I didn't know much about him and thought he was Deion-esque. Obviiously I was waaaay wrong on that.
Got fed up with him by year 2, and will never forget that stupid-a$$ fumble against the Falcons.

It still amazes me how many people "will never forget that fumble", but also "never remember" that we still would have lost the game if he hadn't made that int in the first place.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
trash from a former regime, belongs in the same heap as manny lawson, taylor mays etc etc. Not to mention the countless other players who did nothing once they left us,, rumph, winborn, etc etc
Originally posted by GEEK:

I think he means the one from the year after.

I have no ill will against Nate. He was good the first few years, and he never was a loudmouth.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on May 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM ]
My biggest problem was when he tried to jump the route he was either right and made a big INT, or the WR ran for six points.
Why hate? Dude was solid and a team player. I wish him well.
Could need a FS
Originally posted by GEEK:

Bly also had one, I believe a year before Clements' one. Bly showboated after being down by like 30 or 35 points. Clements was a huge Interception or fumble recovery, but didn't go down, instead went for the endzone, didn't secure the ball, and batted away.

That game also saw Taylor Mays with a blocked punt into end zone for a TD, probably his only good moment as a 49er.

Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
soon to be raider

His to talented and doesn't have enough Baggage to be a Rajder .

Raiders are in desperate need of corners.

Nate Clements and Shawntae Spencer together again. Raiders could have our two starting CB's from 2010.
he needs to go ahead and convert to FS if he wants to prolong his career
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
he needs to go ahead and convert to FS if he wants to prolong his career

but not with us. he and manny lawson are ex niners for a reason
I liked Nate. always knifing in and making tackles on running plays. cant cover anymore though.
I thought he had a decent year in '11........was this not true?
Share 49ersWebzone