There are 212 users in the forums

Which 2012 draft pick will be the biggest bust?!??

Shop 49ers game tickets

Which 2012 draft pick will be the biggest bust?!??

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Tannehill
Donatari poe
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Its funny that everyone says Irvin when the 49ers literally told him if he was there at #30 he was being picked.

Do you have a source for this?

I have heard that the 49er liked him, but never heard that we told him that would we pick him at 30.

Give a link or it is just fabrication.
[ Edited by buck on May 1, 2012 at 7:03 AM ]
Hill.

Didn't have big production in college - won't have it in the Pro's where the competition is 10 fold.
Bruce Irvin
I actually think RGIII is going to be a bust. I believe he won't live up to the hype that has surrounded him. He may be a decent QB, but not a great one.
Andrew Luck, they cleaned house and are rebuilding without the front office and coaches that Payton had.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Its funny that everyone says Irvin when the 49ers literally told him if he was there at #30 he was being picked.

And you were in the room with them when this happened? Assumptions are made all the time, and mis-information is constantly floating around the draft time. I highly doubt any team would promise anyone anything and tip their hand.

And my vote actually goes to Irvin. I think both Richardson and Tannehill could be busts as well, especially considering where they were picked.
Tannehill seems the obvious choice, but I'm going to request Justin Blackmon be added to the list. I think he was the most overrated player in the top 10.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd have to say RG3.
Bruce Irvin, only because the s**thawks drafted him. The hawks didnt know what to do with Aaron Curry so sent him to the Raiders, I think the same will happen with Irvin who is all so a high pick, not as high as Curry (4th overall) and I think Curry was more complete coming out then Irvin.
[ Edited by ace49ers on May 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM ]

Originally posted by daragon:
I actually think RGIII is going to be a bust. I believe he won't live up to the hype that has surrounded him. He may be a decent QB, but not a great one.

Even with all of the freakish athletic talent RG3 has , the Redskins will probably bring him along slowly, I can see Shanny pounding the ball until RG3 is comfortable with the system , but I'm sure the Redskins attack will be tailored to Griffins skills, but year #1 of the RG3/Shanny combo wont put up eye popping numbers, they will use a power running attack the majority of the time, the Skins wont hurry RG3 into being a pass happy QB, they will bring him along slowly to protect their investment.

Luck on the other hand will have some growing pains along with the entire Colts offense, the Colts will employ a short passing WCO attack after years of using multiple WR sets and attacking downfield with a no huddle offense and a QB that had the green light to audible anytime he wants ...so naturally the Colts will have some frustrating sundays for awhile while making the transition.

so IMO, both QB's will have rough rookie seasons, but Luck has the bigger hill to climb,
RG3, that ain't going to work
Q.Coples LB JETS
Irvin
i dont get all the hype on robert griffith III---it really escalated after his 40 time at the combine, which i really didnt get, given he is a qb and not an rb--do they really want him running alot in the skins offense...i think RGIII will struggle to convert from a more wide open college game to an under the center, controlled passing game of the nfl

so i say RGIII is the biggest bust

and that Luck will be a superstar
[ Edited by hofer36 on May 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone