LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 308 users in the forums

Browns trade up

Shop 49ers game tickets
Browns are in position to get a WR in the 2nd too. Like Randle, Jeffrey, Hill or even possibly Fleener

Richardson
Weeden
Randle/Jeffrey/Hill/Fleener

Thats a pretty good draft
Originally posted by valrod33:
Browns are in position to get a WR in the 2nd too. Like Randle, Jeffrey, Hill or even possibly Fleener

Richardson
Weeden
Randle/Jeffrey/Hill/Fleener

Thats a pretty good draft
should be

Julio Jones
Trent Richardson
Weeden in the 2nd today
Originally posted by susweel:
Gave up a bunch if picks for a RB and then took a 28 year old QB in the first round. Holmgren sucks as a gm.

Browns gonna Brown, lol

Weeden is a baller though. I don't care if he is 28.

Weeden beat Luck, Slapped the shti out of RG3, .. he's got the Jeff Garcia fire.

The only reason that I can think of why they would give up so much for a RB , is because maybe they thought that the draft class was pretty weak.

Good RB 's come late IMO. i.e. Gore, Hunter..etc.

Boggles the mind as to what Holmgren is thinking.
Originally posted by Youngb:
How so? Many believe that Richardson is a future All-Pro. The last running back as hyped as he is was Adrian Peterson. They didn't give up that high of picks to move up. If they didn't move up, someone else would have jumped in front of them and snatched them up. By trading two low round picks, they protect their pick and make sure they get the man they wanted.

Well,for starters,u swap 1 spot to get a guy who probly would have fell to you.Minn. ended up getting the guy they wanted anyway.but,not sure who else mightve been tryin to to ge the #3,so ill give a lil benefit of the doubt.

They have ok recievers,why not add more firepower w blackmon,since they had commited to Colt.a rb couldnt have been gotten at their lower #1,or maybe even later rounds??

Speaking of Colt,I feel like it is a lil early to give up on dude.given up on em now, to me their basically admitting they gaffed on that pick.thats a waste of a pick.give dude necessary weapons,and if he sucks afterwards,thats on him.

I also am not gon pick a damn near 30 year old in the 1st.i hope he comes in and lights $h!t up like Elway or Marino in their 1st year.if not,say he "gets it"by his 2nd,3rd year.dude will be 31,when most guys have it down and sposed ta be at their peak.physically,will be close to slowing down by that age.if a guy goes in the first as a QB,you want 10-13 productive years out of em.with him,you might get 5.

Thats how so.As Susweel done already said "Browns gon brown"
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Apr 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM ]
The Picks the browns through down the drain is there first second rounder they went with a RT and not the best one on the board. They have no WR and ignored them. Who is Wheeden going to throw to that is my question. I can see Richardson having a hard time of it because teams will have everyone playing the run until the Browns show they have some sort of passing game.
The Picks the browns through down the drain is there first second rounder they went with a RT and not the best one on the board. They have no WR and ignored them. Who is Wheeden going to throw to that is my question. I can see Richardson having a hard time of it because teams will have everyone playing the run until the Browns show they have some sort of passing game.
I can see why some people would think its retarded but when it comes to the draft you dont mess around. Like baalke says if you like a guy and hes there you take him.. The browns heard reports of other teams wanting to trade up, which isnt any surprise since Richardson is supposed to be the next AP. like baalke says if you like a guy and hes there you take him.. It was a win-win for the vikings anyways considering they only moved back 1 spot to get the guy they wanted anyways which was kalil
Holmgren and Shanahan have really fallen.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Holmgren isnt the GM so he cant get all the blame for this
Originally posted by jreff22:

The problem is with Holmgren in Cleveland is that no one knows what he does. He always shows up around Draft time or the beginning of the season and tells browns fans to trust him, that they have a plan and that fans should be patient. However as soon as the Browns start sucking he is quite happy to sit in His nice comfy home in Seattle and avoid all the bitter fans and media who want to ask him when this plan is going to take shape. Fans here in Cleveland are so sick of them telling them that they are making progress when we have all seen how bad the browns suck, they want to know what progress have they made.

The Consensus here in Cleveland is that Holmgren is just collecting a fat check from Randy Learner to do nothing because Randy Learner is more interested in what player Aston Villa is recruiting than what the Browns do on the field. It is questionable if Learner even knows or cares what happens to the browns as long as the team makes him money. In the end I doubt the Browns will ever be good until there is a change of ownership to an owner who actually is a fan of football, the American version not the round ball version.

Originally posted by Muggins:
If that's their guy, why not? Seems they knew someone was going to jump them and take Richardson.
It's still a RB. Don't get that "Holmgren knows what he is doing" at all...Who cares about the past?

Furthermore, I dont think that the Vikes wanted to trade down deeper than they actually did. They needed a LOT-upgrade badly and Kalil seems to be a future pro-bowler at this position. They fooled Holmgren big-time.
My only guess is that the Browns will play the smash mouth -run, playaction, run type of offensive playbook.

Boring ass football but effective.
It tires out defenses and rests your own defense,but only if it works.
If it doesn't you look vanilla and get called out like a Mike in SF.
I don't mind the trade up for Trent Richardson, even if it is a RB, as much as the Brandon Weeden pick. I don't expect Cleveland to be very good regardless and would've rather built up a talent on the team for another QB to take over 2013 if Colt truly isn't the guy. But oh well.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
My only guess is that the Browns will play the smash mouth -run, playaction, run type of offensive playbook.

Boring ass football but effective.
It tires out defenses and rests your own defense,but only if it works.
If it doesn't you look vanilla and get called out like a Mike in SF.

When was that last effective in the Last 20 years there have only been three teams that have not won the super bowl without a HOF or one day will be HOF QB. They were Washington, Baltimore and Tampa Bay.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Originally posted by jreff22:

The problem is with Holmgren in Cleveland is that no one knows what he does. He always shows up around Draft time or the beginning of the season and tells browns fans to trust him, that they have a plan and that fans should be patient. However as soon as the Browns start sucking he is quite happy to sit in His nice comfy home in Seattle and avoid all the bitter fans and media who want to ask him when this plan is going to take shape. Fans here in Cleveland are so sick of them telling them that they are making progress when we have all seen how bad the browns suck, they want to know what progress have they made.

The Consensus here in Cleveland is that Holmgren is just collecting a fat check from Randy Learner to do nothing because Randy Learner is more interested in what player Aston Villa is recruiting than what the Browns do on the field. It is questionable if Learner even knows or cares what happens to the browns as long as the team makes him money. In the end I doubt the Browns will ever be good until there is a change of ownership to an owner who actually is a fan of football, the American version not the round ball version.

I dont think Heckert would be a pawn for Holmgren. Both deserve blame for the dumb decisions but who is doing more is the question.
Share 49ersWebzone