LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 344 users in the forums

NFL Roster Expanded From 80 to 90

Shop 49ers game tickets
Greg Aiello ‏ @gregaiello Reply Retweet Favorite · Open NFL roster limit has been increased from 80 to 90 players, effective 4 pm ET tomorrow.
does the final number get bumped? time to raise the roster to 56
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:

nope still 53
Originally posted by jreff22:

Should stay 53, the way the cap is by not going up, it will make it tough to keep 56, plus 8 Practice Squaders, and whoever else is injured on roster. I wish it was at 56, with another million in cap, that would help a lot to teams, make it 56 man, with 49 active, allowing teams to keep 3 extra players active on gameday, allowing teams to activate all 3 QBs on gameday, plus another OL for a team like us, and a special teamer/rookie.
That means at least 320 players will get paid something for 3 months and provides guy with an opportunity to prove them self. I do think the roster eventually has to be expanded during the regular season with the rate of injuries now it would help a lot of teams. I would even suggest allowing teams to expand there rosters like in baseball for the last month the season to include practice squad guys on the main roster.
Give them a chance to compete, that is all they ask.
Minor League Football.

That is all.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by English:
Minor League Football.

That is all.

This.

WTF ever happen to the USFL???
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This.

WTF ever happen to the USFL???

it's coming back.

http://sandiego.informermg.com/2012/02/16/new-usfl-planning-spring-2013-launch-acquired-by-endzone-sports-management/
Share 49ersWebzone