There are 194 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Asante Samuel for a 5th round pick??

Asante Samuel for a 5th round pick??

NO.
Yes? The guys is a pro bowl calibur corner who makes a lot of big plays every year. I know he plays 'risky' but you can't argue he doesn't know how to make picks, which is the most exciting thing a corner can do... You guys act like you're the one's who are paying him.
Culliver/Brownand Samuel on the outside with Rogers covering the slot
Voted no ! contract is too much !!!!!!!!!, Other than that would have considered very talented corner.
Originally posted by hateroids84:
Yes? The guys is a pro bowl calibur corner who makes a lot of big plays every year. I know he plays 'risky' but you can't argue he doesn't know how to make picks, which is the most exciting thing a corner can do... You guys act like you're the one's who are paying him.

i agree with you but we do got this thing called cap, there's other players that know the system already, that need to get paid also.
The Patriots will trade a 5th (or 6th) rounder for him, then restructure his contract. They boss like that.
No thanks! We have some young solid corners with Brown, Culliver and Brock then we signed Perrish Cox who is a young intriguing talent that if he keeps his head on straight could become a solid surprise, bringing in Samuel even at a cheap price would only derail their development.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Yes. How much is his contract?

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Would need to take a pay cut, wouldn't fit under the cap, makes $9.9M in base salary in 2012, and $11.4M in 2013.

I'd be for it, as long as it included a reduced salaries, and extension.

I knew if I put "how much" and "contract" in the same sentence AB would come to the rescue!

I had to come to the rescue, of course kidding on the rescue part, but it would require a redo of his deal upon trade, we would have like a 72 hour window to work a trade/redo of his contract. Would need to cut his base down to around 1M with some extra bonuses.
I read this morning he has 2 years left on his contract and he is due around 11 million dollars on the second year. No thanks.
Hes getting traded to the Falcons.
Per Jason La Canfora's Twitter account Falcons finalizing contract w/ Asante Samuel to rework final 2yrs on his deal. Trade to Philly very likely today for a late pick

Retweeted by NFL Network
Yikes... Dunta Robinson, Brent Grimes (franchise tagged) and now Asante Samuel. That's a lot of money invested in their CB's. New Defensive Coordinator Mike Nolan is gonna love him some "Big Nickel"
FYI....http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/04/25/reports-falcons-to-acquire-cb-samuel
Originally posted by Fricker:
Per Jason La Canfora's Twitter account Falcons finalizing contract w/ Asante Samuel to rework final 2yrs on his deal. Trade to Philly very likely today for a late pick

Retweeted by NFL Network

LaCantdos**t is a douche

but since Schefter said it, it is going to happen.
nope