LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Warren Sapp BANKRUPT

Shop 49ers game tickets
Morally or financially?
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Hahaha, poor with $6.45 million in the bank, I love that. Having $6.45 million for person with his sort of lifestyle = 6,450 dollars left in the bank.

I would love to take that kind of "poor."

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by walker807:
It's from TMZ dude.. s**t's fake...

So you think everything from TMZ is fake. Come back and eat crow when this gets picked up by other outlets.

You think TMZ is as reliable as it makes itself out to be? Gullible much? lol

I find it sad that you don't know how to critically analyze news sources, but then again I'm a journalism major- I'm not saying i'm an expert but I have to know how to do this- and most people these days don't know how to look for the facts in articles.

It's good that you're questioning them(better than most people these days), but you have to have a basis for questioning them other than that they're celebrity based. They do have some pointless stories like paparazzi pics of some celebrity getting drunk and pissing on the sidewalk. But in this day and age they have to be given some amount of credibility simply because they are the ones getting the story first and having things turn out accurate consistently.

It's not like this story is that controversial unless Sapp comes out and says it's bull which I doubt. They say they managed to get the bankruptcy documents. They may post pictures of celebrities getting drunk, but what I have not seen them do is completely fabricate stories. That's what they would be doing if they didn't really have those documents.

It's just interesting that people criticize TMZ a lot but they don't criticize other news sources- national news, their local news, "insiders", ect. La canfora and other specific "football insiders" for example get things wrong way more often than TMZ does. Yet you'd probably consider most of those football insiders legit sources.
[ Edited by mike on Apr 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM ]
Hahaha, poor with $6.45 million in the bank, I love that. Having $6.45 million for person with his sort of lifestyle = 6,450 dollars left in the bank.

lol.
[ Edited by YouGotGored on Apr 6, 2012 at 3:59 PM ]

According to the article, he owes people $6.7 million. Therefore he is underwater even assuming that he can really get $6.45 million for all of his assets. When bankrupt people are usually forced into fire sale mode which depresses the prices they get.
what an IDIOT
Wow, that's depressing. That guy is a freakin' idiot and he makes $540,000/yr. spewing his gibberish for the NFL Network. And still it is necessary for him to file bankruptcy because he can't live within his means. Now, put your own life side by side. Compare and contrast. I have zero empathy for these knuckleheads.
broke and irresponsible

fixed
Oh sh*t...I accidentally clicked a link to TMZ. Now I need to clean my computer of braindead American Idiocy virus.
Where can I donate $$$?

NFLN pays him $45k/mo.

For what?

Seriously.

Is love to know what that piece of s**t Jamie Dukes is making. On second thought maybe I don't.

So you think everything from TMZ is fake. Come back and eat crow when this gets picked up by other outlets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/sapp-files-bankruptcy/

That didn't take long.

[ Edited by defenderDX on Apr 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by mike:

I find it sad that you don't know how to critically analyze news sources, but then again I'm a journalism major- I'm not saying i'm an expert but I have to know how to do this- and most people these days don't know how to look for the facts in articles.

It's good that you're questioning them(better than most people these days), but you have to have a basis for questioning them other than that they're celebrity based. They do have some pointless stories like paparazzi pics of some celebrity getting drunk and pissing on the sidewalk. But in this day and age they have to be given some amount of credibility simply because they are the ones getting the story first and having things turn out accurate consistently.

It's not like this story is that controversial unless Sapp comes out and says it's bull which I doubt. They say they managed to get the bankruptcy documents. They may post pictures of celebrities getting drunk, but what I have not seen them do is completely fabricate stories. That's what they would be doing if they didn't really have those documents.

It's just interesting that people criticize TMZ a lot but they don't criticize other news sources- national news, their local news, "insiders", ect. La canfora and other specific "football insiders" for example get things wrong way more often than TMZ does. Yet you'd probably consider most of those football insiders legit sources.

LOL @ u saying I consider La Canfora is a legit source. shame on you
I hope, f**k Sapp
Share 49ersWebzone