There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is McNabb hating or just telling the truth?

I've always backed McNabb but this is pure hate.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
A bit of both.

McNabb is toast and done. Terrible w/the Skins and made zero noise w/Vikings. Did they release him before thhe season ended?

No matter how well he played in Philly, he was alwyas the beating boy. He was a solid QB but not excellent. He also must have had a lot of tension built up iinside him and it's coming out.

Shan is a good coach - not great but solid.

RGIII will do fine bUT not until they get a better OLine.

I thought McNabb has been (was?) a very good QB, but he got one big problem: being seldom fully healthy in the last decade or so, and therefore the effect of time caught up with him sooner than with other QBs. Shanahan had a very valid complaint about McNabb not well-conditioned. And that was not just the Redskins. One could see right away that his production often tailed off past half-time in every game of the last two seasons. He started out fine then kind of disappeared in the second halves.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
He's hating on the truth
Originally posted by matt49er:
I wonder if anybody will get desperate enough to give McNabb a job this year?

Miami?
Shanahan is an offensive genius when he has a hall of fame QB.

But when he has mediocre talent, he has not developed it into anything even competitive for NFL standards.

Maybe RG3 is the truth and it works out, but if he is a project.... Shanny may not have the history to prove he can develop a project
Anybody that tells me to eat Campell's Chunky Soup before a game, and pukes mid game loses all credibility. Haven't been able to trust a word he sais since.
So McNaab was "misused" in Washington. So how does he explain his 1-5 record with the Vikings?

McNaab is a whiny b#&*h, always has been. I've hated him since I saw him on ESPN several years ago, crying about the pressures of being a black quarterback. Pretty simple, if you can't handle it - don't be a QB! How ESPN lets him comment on anything these days, makes me scratch my head. And how he can run his mouth so much, and still stuff it full of enough burgers to make his a@@ so fat - is beyond me!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

But when he has mediocre talent, he has not developed it into anything even competitive for NFL standards.

Maybe RG3 is the truth and it works out, but if he is a project.... Shanny may not have the history to prove he can develop a project

Shanahan did coach some competitive Broncos teams, especially ones with Jake Plummer as the starting QB. The 2005 team got as far as the AFC Championship game where the Broncos lost to the eventual SuperBowl winners - the Steelers.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Shanahan did coach some competitive Broncos teams, especially ones with Jake Plummer as the starting QB. The 2005 team got as far as the AFC Championship game where the Broncos lost to the eventual SuperBowl winners - the Steelers.

Good call, Plummer to the AFC championship definitely takes good coaching and QB coaching. I still think Griffin is a bigger project , but much more potential than Plummer. Shanny can prove me and McNabb wrong with Griffin.
  • flow
  • Veteran
McNabb: I'm the most unfairly criticized quarterback in NFL history

ESPN maybe.
  • jmerl
  • Veteran
I agree with ninerbuff. The days of Shanahan being given the benefit of the doubt are over. Elway has been out of his life for a long time now. If the Skins dont win with RG3, it wont be RG3 that takes the hit....it will be Shanahan. That being said, as far as the Mcnabb thing goes I think Donovan is bitter but also probably thinks he's telling the truth. It's hard when you are forced into retirement because no one wants you and that is exactly where Mcnabb is right now. Also Shanahan strikes me as a stubborn guy but comparing Mcnabb to RG3 or approaching coaching them the same way would be idiotic. Mcnabb was a veteran that should have been able to adapt to whatever offense was put in front of him. RG3 is a rookie and has never played a game in the NFL. It is the coaches job to taylor an offense to his strengths considering they are expecting him to be the future of the franchise.
He was highly criticized, however, nobody played the race card more than McNabb.Always had respect for him as a player, but not as much as a person. He's always tried to get people to feel bad for him, instead of just shutting up, make his millions, and play the game he loves.
Originally posted by flow:
McNabb: I'm the most unfairly criticized quarterback in NFL history

Originally posted by cwilson830:

ESPN maybe.

I was thinking a Job McDonalds makes sense.