There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is McNabb hating or just telling the truth?

During an "ESPN First Take" appearance last Thursday, McNabb was asked whether Shanahan is a good fit for the Baylor quarterback known as RG3. "No," McNabb replied. "I say that because a lot of times ego gets too involved when it comes to being in Washington."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7774248/washington-redskins-mike-shanahan-takes-high-road-donovan-mcnabb-barbs

Personally, I think he's right. Donovan has always had a pretty good rep (in the media at least), so I don't think he'd just say something about Shanahan just because. Also, it is very true that for all his "Pro Bowl QB's" Shanahan has only won TWO playoffs games (that came in the same year) since Elway retired.

What say you?
[ Edited by baltien on Apr 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM ]
Probably a little bit of both.
Originally posted by susweel:
Probably a little bit of both.

This
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
hes jelly and a little butt hurt
McNabb fell squarely into Shanahan's infamous doghouse, a place that is utter hell and once you're there, you stay there. He's talking about Shanahan from that perspective, and I probably would too if I had been there. But I don't think Griffin ever goes to Shanahan's doghouse, even if he performs poorly, the organization has put too much on the line for him and if he doesn't do well, then Shanahan will take the blame, so he's going to do everything he can to make Griffin succeed.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Shanny better let the boy cook.
Shanny is a way overrated coach and is kind of a dumb*** so i do believe mcnabb a little but mcnabb can be a little b****
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
McNabb fell squarely into Shanahan's infamous doghouse, a place that is utter hell and once you're there, you stay there. He's talking about Shanahan from that perspective, and I probably would too if I had been there. But I don't think Griffin ever goes to Shanahan's doghouse, even if he performs poorly, the organization has put too much on the line for him and if he doesn't do well, then Shanahan will take the blame, so he's going to do everything he can to make Griffin succeed.

can happen when you're a qb and come in about 270 lbs
Doesn't really matter. RG3 will be a Redskin, Shanahan must win with RG3 early if he wants to keep his job. RG3 will have several years before the Redskins consider getting rid of him.

Donovan didn't have the upper hand. Shanahan brought him in as a band-aid fix and it failed miserably.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I see where he is coming from... who else has been in Shanahan's dog house?

Still Griffin is nothing like McNabb whatsoever... and I feel like he may actually save the job of the 'Skins coach depending on how he does
Originally posted by Paul:
I see where he is coming from... who else has been in Shanahan's dog house?

Still Griffin is nothing like McNabb whatsoever... and I feel like he may actually save the job of the 'Skins coach depending on how he does

Yeah to be honest I think RG3 is closer to Elway than McNabb. McNabb was washed up when he got to Washington and out of shape, RG3 is way more athletic than Donovan was at that point plus has a better arm.
Donovan just needs to find him self a little nursing home some where so he can hang out with some other senile and bitter old men.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
McNabb is such a p***y. TO was right.
I wonder if anybody will get desperate enough to give McNabb a job this year?
A bit of both.

McNabb is toast and done. Terrible w/the Skins and made zero noise w/Vikings. Did they release him before thhe season ended?

No matter how well he played in Philly, he was alwyas the beating boy. He was a solid QB but not excellent. He also must have had a lot of tension built up iinside him and it's coming out.

Shan is a good coach - not great but solid.

RGIII will do fine bUT not until they get a better OLine.