LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

THE NFL's 2012 NIKE UNI APOCALYPSE!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
As for Seattle's unis I think the away is pretty good... don't like all those flower things or whatever they are inside the numbers and on the side of the legs and around the neck though. The helmet I think that strip of flowers (or whatever that is)... should be way thinner. The Seahawk logo in the back touching together is not good. I think bringing back the grey was one of the things they did right.

Does anyone actually know what that U type shaped flower thing is? It looks like something on Super Mario Bros 3. And they put in on the helmet, the side of the pants, inside the numbers, around the back of the neck...

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 3, 2012 at 9:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
As for Seattle's unis I think the away is pretty good... don't like all those flower things or whatever they are inside the numbers and on the side of the legs and around the neck though. The helmet I think that strip of flowers (or whatever that is)... should be way thinner. Someone posted a pic where the Seahawk logo in the back touches together which is not good. I think bringing back the grey was one of the things they did right.

Does anyone actually know what that U type shaped flower thing is? It looks like something on Super Mario Bros 3. And they put in on the helmet, the side of the pants, inside the numbers, around the back of the neck...

I will name it.......wait for it.....

CARBON FLOWER!

Niners <---seahags
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Apr 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM ]
i HAVE it!! secawks are subtly introducing soccer-style brand name sponsors on their jersey, and they dug up and old Niners favorite just for the honor....

....(as in "Monster Park")
Dr. Bill Walsh, go look up I edited it and added a pic of it up close and the SMB flower. Seriously though, I'd rather see 1,000 nike logos inside the numbers, etc than that flower thing. Who gets paid 6 figures to have a sweet job like that and f it up?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM ]
You could tell in that interview with Alex from the video on our website (courtesy of NFL.com) that he was really thrilled about the 'fly-wire' collars; almost 98% of the time in almost every game you'd see Alex's shoulder pads constantly popping out after a pressure/grab/sack.

-Those Reebok modernist jerseys were just horrible, no support around the front collar, which was intentionally built for opposing players not being able to get a grab upon it for expanded leverage, but in return it made the jersey more loose/unstable around the pads.
Originally posted by Chief:
I think the new Seahawks uniform is 100% better looking then their past uniforms, the helmet especially in a drastic improvement.

I actually kind of like the new retro-esq logo (the return of 'ole grey'), as it was sort of in demand from most of the older generations of the fanbase.

-Only thing bugging me is those ugly-ass Oregon Ducks numbers; only thing holding it back from being non-NCAA like... but then again their head coach is still trapped there mentally...
the "U" supposedly comes from Northwest Native American art
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I just want white pant alternates
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
You could tell in that interview with Alex from the video on our website (courtesy of NFL.com) that he was really thrilled about the 'fly-wire' collars; almost 98% of the time in almost every game you'd see Alex's shoulder pads constantly popping out after a pressure/grab/sack.

-Those Reebok modernist jerseys were just horrible, no support around the front collar, which was intentionally built for opposing players not being able to get a grab upon it for expanded leverage, but in return it made the jersey more loose/unstable around the pads.

Yep, like I said putting aside the designs Nike improved the uniforms by a lot. Reebok has really made any strides in the decade or how ever long they have had the rights to the unis. Was Adidas before them? nobody has really improved the uniform that much compared to what Nike just did.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 3, 2012 at 9:19 PM ]
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
the "U" supposedly comes from Northwest Native American art

Thanks... , Jersey incorporates graphics inspired by northwest coastal Indian art.

Still, so they go modern as heck but want to incorporate that... Nike logos or even if they wanted to go way out there pics of the seattle space needle would have been better IMO.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2012/04/03/heres-the-new-seahawks-logo-uniform-and-helmet-%E2%80%93-officially/
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM ]

the jerseys are awesome! i love the new collars and the pants are pretty neat too. I can not wait to buy one!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Thanks... , Jersey incorporates graphics inspired by northwest coastal Indian art.

Still, so they go modern as heck but want to incorporate that... Nike logos or even if they wanted to go way out there pics of the seattle space needle would have been better IMO.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2012/04/03/heres-the-new-seahawks-logo-uniform-and-helmet-%E2%80%93-officially/

Yeah if we did it we should do it in our numbers like I did the nike swoosh in these shoes i did in photoshop:

...then again that was 6 years ago and I was 16 when I did those lmao

wow when I dug that picture up I just found these two I made back then too:

WTF was I thinking...
[ Edited by Pimptillo on Apr 3, 2012 at 11:27 PM ]
There's a lot of horrible 49ers fans that deep down want us to be the West-Bay Raiders.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
There's a lot of horrible 49ers fans that deep down want us to be the West-Bay Raiders.

/ West Coast 'Aints
Here is a post from a Seahawks fan....

Did a little bit of research behind the design. The "feathers" are a Northwest tribal symbol for "hawk wings". There is 12 down each pant leg to represent the 12th man. Also 12 on either side of the collar for the same reason.
Share 49ersWebzone