There are 204 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Seahawks Pathetic Pursuit of Manning

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44196

Wow, this is really fascinating. Somehow Seahawks fans have turned this into a "Manning is a douche" thread.

"You know what this story tells me? That PC and JS are two SERIOUS class acts. This issue should just go away, and will, but let's just say that the Manning camp not knowing about the plan to fly out to Denver lacks credulity. I know this for a fact."

Credulity?

"The article says Pete and Schneider didn't take no for an answer and competed till the end. Makes me respect them even more. The article title is for shock value while the rest of it is just garbage."

"Manning sounds like a massive douche"

Ohhhh kay.
Originally posted by Psinex:
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44196

Wow, this is really fascinating. Somehow Seahawks fans have turned this into a "Manning is a douche" thread.

"You know what this story tells me? That PC and JS are two SERIOUS class acts. This issue should just go away, and will, but let's just say that the Manning camp not knowing about the plan to fly out to Denver lacks credulity. I know this for a fact."

Credulity?

"The article says Pete and Schneider didn't take no for an answer and competed till the end. Makes me respect them even more. The article title is for shock value while the rest of it is just garbage."

"Manning sounds like a massive douche"

Ohhhh kay.

Aww Poor Seac0cks
it's like telling a hot chick that just turned you down that's she's fat anyway.
Oh God, please let Matt Flynn turn out to be a bust. We can laugh all the way to the SB.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

• "I've heard a lot of terrible stories in Miami. The bottom line is this: If (GM) Jeff Ireland is not in Miami, they have a shot at Peyton Manning. What does it tell you about the leadership in Seattle and Kansas City that he would not even listen there. It could be a lot of things. Peyton is a very smart guy, not only in the football sense but as a businessman. Don't think he hasn't been thinking about this for a while. I don't think he liked the direction any of those organizations are headed."

• "A year ago, no one was lining up to go to San Francisco. This year, they have guys taking less money to play there and the best quarterback to ever play the game was entertaining it. It's amazing what a difference a year makes. What I think was the deal breaker in San Francisco: Do you think (Jim) Harbaugh was going to let Peyton (Manning) call his own plays? Peyton knows how to run it on his own. I don't think he wanted to deal with a high-strung control freak — simple as that."

ProFootballWeekly.com.
LOL @ SeaChickens. sorry fo' ya!
I hope Flynn is a fart in the wind BUT they will be our toughest competitor in the division.

We should sweep them. They have a good D, RB and an improving OLine. I see a number of mocks that have them taking DeCastro.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I hope Flynn is a fart in the wind BUT they will be our toughest competitor in the division.

We should sweep them. They have a good D, RB and an improving OLine. I see a number of mocks that have them taking DeCastro.

They probably have the best secondary in the division between Chancellor, Earl Thomas and the two very tall CB's. Their problem is that they don't have very good linebackers so they can get gashed for a lot of rushing yards and passes to tight ends.

They probably have the best secondary in the division between Chancellor, Earl Thomas and the two very tall CB's. Their problem is that they don't have very good linebackers so they can get gashed for a lot of rushing yards and passes to tight ends.

Sounds like a heavy dose of Gore/Hunter and passes to V. Davis should be enough to move the safeties up until a deep pass to Moss or Crabtree gets us within scoring range. I still don't see any division team really threatening us for the title this upcoming season.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Sounds like a heavy dose of Gore/Hunter and passes to V. Davis should be enough to move the safeties up until a deep pass to Moss or Crabtree gets us within scoring range. I still don't see any division team really threatening us for the title this upcoming season.

The thing that makes me worry about Seattle is our line. If we find someone solid at RG, we'll be in good shape. Right now, we have no depth or a proven starter there. As our front 7 has proven, a decent to good secondary becomes elite with a good pass rush. Those two things working together result in turnovers, something that we cut down on last year. But under duress with holes in our line, we'll look like we did against the Ravens when Chilo went in for an injured Snyder at the beginning of the game. We could make Seattle look like the Ravens, Red Bryant like Terrell Suggs if we have a Chilo-esque player at RG.