There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Report: Eagles put CB Samuel on trading block

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Better question is, why trade for Sameul? We got a 30yr old Probolwer, an up and coming PB (T.Brown) and a very promising rookie in Culliver. We also have Cox waiting in the wings.

Why did we loose to the giants? Because our db's were getting hurt, i agree TB is gonna be great, and culliver is well?? I hope gonna be great. Cox is just insurance this year for Ginn, i don't think he will play much other than special teams. Tell me that the starting db's of Rogers, Samuel, and Brown doesnt sound good, just depends on the price.
Another Scotty Mac move, no thanks.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
He is expensive and he is more of a zone corner. He is alright man to man. We run a 2 man under scheme, so he just doesn't quite fit.

I remember there was someone on here who said he was an expert on CB's and coached them and that Samuel was only good in New England because of the scheme and he would be horrible in Philly because he doesnt have the right hips to succeed there.
When will we all realize that NFL coaches and scouts DO know more than us. Even the horrible coaches know more than us.
Originally posted by Derek23:
Why did we loose to the giants? Because our db's were getting hurt, i agree TB is gonna be great, and culliver is well?? I hope gonna be great. Cox is just insurance this year for Ginn, i don't think he will play much other than special teams. Tell me that the starting db's of Rogers, Samuel, and Brown doesnt sound good, just depends on the price.

One DB got hurt and it was at the hands at our own Safety LOL, according to Brown he wasnt even injured the doctors wouldnt let him back out on the field because of all the concussion related injuries this season.
i wouldnt min d asante but at teh price of his contract no thanks
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
One DB got hurt and it was at the hands at our own Safety LOL, according to Brown he wasnt even injured the doctors wouldnt let him back out on the field because of all the concussion related injuries this season.

Yeah i know, i wont forget goldson plowing through him, but one extra db would be nice, but maybe the draft is the way to go. But we always, get picked apart on 3 and 4 wr sets. Teams found our weakness last year, i was just saying having more options would be nice. How many times last year did we have a game locked down, then the team goes into desperation mode and had sucess. I just want to ba able to finsih more games this year.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i wouldnt min d asante but at teh price of his contract no thanks

Only if he restructres. which i think he will.
Yeah i know, i wont forget goldson plowing through him, but one extra db would be nice, but maybe the draft is the way to go. But we always, get picked apart on 3 and 4 wr sets. Teams found our weakness last year, i was just saying having more options would be nice. How many times last year did we have a game locked down, then the team goes into desperation mode and had sucess. I just want to ba able to finsih more games this year.

Our weakness was the DB's in general though not the depth, but throughout the season although Rodgers stayed impresseive, Brown slowly got better, I think there will be more emphasis on Brock and Cully training more actively. To assist in our weaker position.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Get this s**t out of Niner Talk.
So grumpy!!!!

Our weakness was the DB's in general though not the depth, but throughout the season although Rodgers stayed impresseive, Brown slowly got better, I think there will be more emphasis on Brock and Cully training more actively. To assist in our weaker position.
Yeah thats probally what will happen, i just want to be able to finsih games instead of having to sweat them out. I would like to explore Samuels just to see what the specifics would be.
Don't want, lol.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
He is expensive and he is more of a zone corner. He is alright man to man. We run a 2 man under scheme, so he just doesn't quite fit.

I remember there was someone on here who said he was an expert on CB's and coached them and that Samuel was only good in New England because of the scheme and he would be horrible in Philly because he doesnt have the right hips to succeed there.
When will we all realize that NFL coaches and scouts DO know more than us. Even the horrible coaches know more than us.

Do we really need another 30 something expensive corner who we really can't afford anyways? He is a better zone corner, and the eagles don't run pure zone yes and Samuels is alright. But for how long. We run to much man I feel like for him to be truly effective. We should develop our young guys, anyways.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Do we really need another 30 something expensive corner who we really can't afford anyways? He is a better zone corner, and the eagles don't run pure zone yes and Samuels is alright. But for how long. We run to much man I feel like for him to be truly effective. We should develop our young guys, anyways.

Im not really for bringing him in, if the coaching staff wants him and brings him in then Im sure that they think he'll help out a lot here. He is definitely better than alright though.
Do not want

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
I'm not saying we should pursue him as I really like our young guys and do not want to hinder their development but he is still a gamer. Where do you guys think he'd fit? I'm thinking somebody like Detriot would be a good landing spot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827d9a77/article/report-eagles-put-cb-samuel-on-trading-block-?module=HP11_headline_stack

Uhmm.... The pretense was established on the first post so why are 'Zoners chiming in with the idea that we should pursue Samuel ?

1) Lions
2) Patriots
3) Falcons