There are 324 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If you could have any player in the NFL.....

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Why do people think Calvin is better than Lawrence?

Quite frankly, the things Lawrence has been able to do is nothing short of amazing. I think Calvin will have to have a few more seasons like 2011 before he can be considered equal or better.

The way Lawrence takes balls away from DBs in tight windows, it's like a man taking a ball from a kid. Don't know if I've seen CJ do anything but jump balls.

Are we factoring in age for this question? Because some picked Ware and I can see why but if we get them at current age he will be 30 in a few months. Also, Calvin Johnson is going to be 27 Late Sept, Fitz will be 29 August 31 so he Calvin is 2 years 1 month younger. Or are we saying you can take any player that isn't a QB in their prime? Not sure I would want to start my team with someone who is 30. I'd be looking for much younger.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 23, 2012 at 6:49 PM ]
calvin johnson
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Quite frankly, the things Lawrence has been able to do is nothing short of amazing. I think Calvin will have to have a few more seasons like 2011 before he can be considered equal or better.

The way Lawrence takes balls away from DBs in tight windows, it's like a man taking a ball from a kid. Don't know if I've seen CJ do anything but jump balls.

Are we factoring in age for this question? Because some picked Ware and I can see why but if we get them at current age he will be 30 in a few months. Also, Calvin Johnson is going to be 27 Late Sept, Fitz will be 29 August 31 so he Calvin is 2 years 1 month younger. Or are we saying you can take any player that isn't a QB in their prime? Not sure I would want to start my team with someone who is 30. I'd be looking for much younger.

The theme of this fantasy was to pick anyone in the NFL right now to lead our Alex Smith team to the super bowl.
i would want the best player in the NFL, calvin johnson. I will take a the WR that you can't cover with triple coverage.
if we're adding anyone to the current 49ers roster I'm taking Megatron all day F'n long!

if we're starting a franchise that's tough, I love PWilly but you don't start a franchise with a ILB. in this case I'd have to think hard about Joe Thomas at LT or N.Suh
Aldon Smith
Suh
Aaron Rodgers
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:
Suh

lol Suh is overrated
Jermey Giambi.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Jermey Giambi.

Scott Cousins

[ Edited by ImaMod on Mar 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

The theme of this fantasy was to pick anyone in the NFL right now to lead our Alex Smith team to the super bowl.

Calvin Johnson takes the ball away just as well as LARRY (his actual name) Fitzgerald does. Johnson has a slightly better TD avg and only about 30 less yards a season. Theyre both great WR's but Johnson is bigger and faster. If you compare Fitzgeralds first 5 years to Johnsons they are almost identical in yards with Johnson getting more TD's. Johnson is at least just as good, but I say better.

Either one.
Revis