There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

When two sides meet this am, Eagles will ask CB Nnamdi Asomugha to restructure contract or they will release him. Asomugha guaranteed $4mil.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/304949312159367169
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
When two sides meet this am, Eagles will ask CB Nnamdi Asomugha to restructure contract or they will release him. Asomugha guaranteed $4mil.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/304949312159367169

look 2 posts above yours lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,880
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

Eagles confirm they have released DT Cullen Jenkins today
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Really? Who the f**k takes a gun to the airport nowadays?

A whole bunch of people. It is very common.

I find it funny he is being charged with a loaded gun charge.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,880
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Hours after releasing DL Cullen Jenkins, Eagles now have released former first-round pick Mike Patterson, who intends to continue playing.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Hours after releasing DL Cullen Jenkins, Eagles now have released former first-round pick Mike Patterson, who intends to continue playing.

I remember that fat f**k from years ago when he recovered a fumble against us and ran it back like 80 yards or something like that.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,880
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

Tom Brady signs a contract that should make him a Patriot for life. Will have full details to you very shortly.

The details of this rather amazing contract signed by Brady: http://bit.ly/15KN1VQ

Brady, in essence, has signed for three more seasons at less than half the going rate for star QBs--so the Patriots can spend on others.

The contract will run through the 2017 season. Brady will be 40 then: http://bit.ly/15KN1VQ
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,880
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Can confirm @SI_PeterKing report. Brady gets 3-year, $27M deal. Clears $15m in cap space. Pats now have well over $30m next 2 years.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,880
Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Stat of the day: Brady signs 3-yr, $27M extension w/ NE. One year ago, Mark Sanchez received a three-year, $40M extension from the #Jets
So it's not Mallett time.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
So it's not Mallett time.

They'll let him play a bit towards the end of the season, hype him up, then trade him for a 3rd round pick.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,880
Kevin Seifert ‏@espn_nfcnblog

Tom Brady's new deal is so unique that I question whether it will impact upcoming QB talks for Rodgers, etc. Brees deal didn't go away.

Rodgers has said he wants #Packers to be competitive. Hasn't said he would take hometown discount. Different stage of career from Brady.
[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Stat of the day: Brady signs 3-yr, $27M extension w/ NE. One year ago, Mark Sanchez received a three-year, $40M extension from the #Jets

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,880
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Steven Jackson to void final year of contract, test free agency http://wp.me/p14QSB-7r39
Originally posted by Jcool:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Steven Jackson to void final year of contract, test free agency http://wp.me/p14QSB-7r39

thank god go to the f**king AFC
...