There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

dameco ryans traded to philly

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
"@JayGlazer: Eagles finally getting that LB they've been searching for as they have agreed to a trade w Houston for pro bowl LB DeMeco Ryans"

"@JayGlazer: Eagles sending mid rounder to Texans for Pro Bowler Ryans. Win-win trade for both teams"

"@JayGlazer: RT @newyorkjetsdk: @JayGlazer How is that a win for the Texans???>big contract off books and more suited for 4-3 than 3-4"

[ Edited by ImaMod on Mar 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Crazy. Was Ryans not a good fit for the 3-4?
Originally posted by ImaMod:
"@JayGlazer: Eagles finally getting that LB they've been searching for as they have agreed to a trade w Houston for pro bowl LB DeMeco Ryans"

Wow but the way Wade Phillips has been working with that D they will have a replacement in no time and get something huge in return for Ryans.

As for the 3-4 without watching them much just an uneducated guess looking at the stats they really dropped after the 3-4.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/9619/demeco-ryans

Last year he was injured but all 120s-150s tackles to 64 last year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 20, 2012 at 4:16 PM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:

Ya that's what jay glazer was saying. More suited for a 4-3 plus it takes his contract off the books
Shouldn't matter to Philly and they probably gave a nice chunk to get him since his stats will probably go back up to 120 tackles in the 4-3.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 20, 2012 at 4:18 PM ]
Eagles got a steal.

Young pro bowl MLB for a mid round pick.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Ya that's what jay glazer was saying. More suited for a 4-3 plus it takes his contract off the books

I disagree, he was injured early in the season and came on strong towards the end. This is all about his cap number.

Houston's going to need a MLB now to play along Cushing. Might change the 1st round a bit.
I seriously do not understand this. Guy was an OUTSTANDING player for them and they shipped him off for far, FAR less than he was worth. TERRIBLE move for the Texans, GREAT move for Philly.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I seriously do not understand this. Guy was an OUTSTANDING player for them and they shipped him off for far, FAR less than he was worth. TERRIBLE move for the Texans, GREAT move for Philly.

I agree
I don't get how they can afford to pay all those guys. Vick got 100 mill djax got 50 Asomugha Asante Samuel Babin all getting paid big bucks
And McCoy is gonna get paid soon
[ Edited by ImaMod on Mar 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM ]
wouldnt it have been easier to sign grant

also

why didnt texans trade him before and then sign mario williams to deal
Don't be surprised if the Texans try and negotiate a deal with Grant given his 3-4 experience.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 20, 2012 at 4:44 PM ]
Shocked that they gave him away.

It seems that they could have gotten a lot better odf a deal from someone.
Ryans is a beast. Philly got a steal there.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I agree
I don't get how they can afford to pay all those guys. Vick got 100 mill djax got 50 Asomugha Asante Samuel Babin all getting paid big bucks
And McCoy is gonna get paid soon

that s**t pisses me off and with the cap going up its gonna be easier to build super teams. players are gonna get paid if they werent already, its gonna be a flat out bidding war next yr and beyond
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
wouldnt it have been easier to sign grant

also

why didnt texans trade him before and then sign mario williams to deal

Wait you bring in a good point here! But I could def see the Texans signing Larry Grant now