There are 243 users in the forums

Panthers shopping RB's?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not saying we should or shouldn't be interested but the Panthers signed Mike Tolbert today and now have 3 solid RB's.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/32549/panthers-likely-to-shuffle-backfield

Depending on the price, I'd be interested in Stewart. He could be the fulltime replacement when Gore can't go any longer and he and Kendall could share the load.

I really liked Stewart at Oregon and in Carolina so it's be cool to see him here!
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/free-agency/164440-trade-for-jonathan-stewart/

Even though that thread should be in NFL Talk. There is a lot of discussion in that thread already.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM ]
I feel like I've seen at least 3 Johnathan Stewart trade threads....wtf is up? No don't trade for a RB. Draft them, we already have 2 good one's.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I feel like I've seen at least 3 Johnathan Stewart trade threads....wtf is up? No don't trade for a RB. Draft them, we already have 2 good one's.

First off this is the NFL Talk thread and the story is about the Panthers looking to trade RB's. Stewart is one of them and would most likely be the one traded.
Secondly, Gore is getting older, there are still many question marks about Kendall Hunter's ability to carry the load, and Dixon doesn't really have a role so I see a need.
Thirdly, stop trying to be a hardass.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
First off this is the NFL Talk thread and the story is about the Panthers looking to trade RB's. Stewart is one of them and would most likely be the one traded.
Secondly, Gore is getting older, there are still many question marks about Kendall Hunter's ability to carry the load, and Dixon doesn't really have a role so I see a need.

Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Agree with everything.

I don't know why people feel the need to whine about threads. Just don't click the damn title if you don't want to see another thread about a certain topic.
+1
I agree that it's better to draft RBs. Seems like if you take a later round RB every year or two you'll end up with someone decent.

I also don't think Dixon is that bad. I think he need to get back to his rookie weight, but if he does that he'll be fine.

If Stewart was really cheap then sure. But since you can get decent RBs in the 5th-7th rounds, I wouldn't want to spend more than a 5th or 6th on him.
Williams or Stewart will be traded for a pick
Trade Chilio

This one is in the right place. The one in free agency should be merged to here because Stewart is not a free agent.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Trade Chilio

Can't trade a free agent
Share 49ersWebzone